To Ride or Not to Ride.............. - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States,baby!
Posts: 1,390
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny06 View Post
Center?
boarding center
thunderhooves is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 987
• Horses: 2
okay maybe you prefer not to answer this but how old are you and how long have you been riding? I would suggest moving somewhere you can take more lessons and challenge yourself. I am having a hard time understanding why you would buy a new horse if you were so unhappy where you board and no other place to board and no instructor, goals, etc.

(did the change in boarding situation happen the same exact time as you getting the new horse?)

There is always new things to learn and always new challenges proper instructors can present.

From what I can gather:

You had a very well trained pony and have advanced to a less trained horse
You recently had a change in your boarding situation and have no one to ride with and no instructor to challenge you or help you connect with your horse.
You are only allowed to do slow gaits in the arena and have no one to trail ride with.

I would talk to your BO and parents and tell them how you feel and look around for a riding club and/or new instructor to challenge you and see if you can resolve the way you are feeling about your new horse.

Keep looking for a new boarding place, ask at the local feed store, etc.

Just trying to help.
lovemyponies is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SE Kansas
Posts: 10,620
• Horses: 5
When your in school, you need to look into a 4H group. They are great places to meet people your age who are interested in horses.
Also look into local clubs. I know just in our little county we have a group that is mostly trail riders and there is another club that is more into the rodeo/cattle horse work.
I'm sure if you find some people your own age or those with interests the same as yours, your interest in your horse will improve.


Oh yes, and welcome to the forum


"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened..."
- Anatole France
Vidaloco is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 987
• Horses: 2
I am sorry Yes Welcome!!
lovemyponies is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States,baby!
Posts: 1,390
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyponies View Post
okay maybe you prefer not to answer this but how old are you and how long have you been riding? I would suggest moving somewhere you can take more lessons and challenge yourself. I am having a hard time understanding why you would buy a new horse if you were so unhappy where you board and no other place to board and no instructor, goals, etc.

(did the change in boarding situation happen the same exact time as you getting the new horse?)

There is always new things to learn and always new challenges proper instructors can present.

From what I can gather:

You had a very well trained pony and have advanced to a less trained horse
You recently had a change in your boarding situation and have no one to ride with and no instructor to challenge you or help you connect with your horse.
You are only allowed to do slow gaits in the arena and have no one to trail ride with.

I would talk to your BO and parents and tell them how you feel and look around for a riding club and/or new instructor to challenge you and see if you can resolve the way you are feeling about your new horse.

Keep looking for a new boarding place, ask at the local feed store, etc.

Just trying to help.
actually, I trained my pony. she was 4 and a half when I got her. I do take lessons. Eeyhing else is right! youre good at this!
thunderhooves is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 987
• Horses: 2
I am just trying to figure it out so we can help.:) What type of lessons are you taking right now on your new horse? Are you able to do things that challenge you a bit more and help you to connect to your horse?

Are there any local riding clubs? Does your trainer have any other students?
lovemyponies is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States,baby!
Posts: 1,390
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyponies View Post
I am just trying to figure it out so we can help.:) What type of lessons are you taking right now on your new horse? Are you able to do things that challenge you a bit more and help you to connect to your horse?

Are there any local riding clubs? Does your trainer have any other students?
o. its not that I'm bored with the challenge. And lessons arent what im doing learned quite a bit. I took lessons for a long time
thunderhooves is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 987
• Horses: 2
okay so what in a perfect world could change so you would be happy ?
is it really the new horse or the changing conditions at your barn?
lovemyponies is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States,baby!
Posts: 1,390
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyponies View Post
okay so what in a perfect world could change so you would be happy ?
is it really the new horse or the changing conditions at your barn?
probably both. The horse would be first, and the barn adds to it.
thunderhooves is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 987
• Horses: 2
hmmm have to find a way to bond with your new horse first and foremost
lovemyponies is offline  
Reply

Tags
horse , interest , mustang

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just too hot to ride iridehorses Horse Riding 57 08-17-2009 04:02 PM
My brother's first trail ride :P (and ride) Zab Trail Riding 3 07-30-2009 02:24 PM
When can I ride again? Sophie19 Horse Health 7 05-20-2009 08:28 PM
Is it ok to ride? OnlySamwise Horse Health 10 04-10-2009 05:01 AM
Good ride to bad ride??? Why toosexy4myspotz Horse Training 4 01-11-2009 10:40 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome