1. How many minutes do you spend riding a horse in a month?
Maybe 120 a week... times that by four. 480? Sounds accurate. It'll probably go up when he's not so underweight- I don't want to push him too hard.
2. On average, how much money do you spend on your horse a month?
Right now? Maybe forty or fifty dollars, tops. In the winter when I have to buy hay? More than I care to add up.
3. What is the breed of your horse?
4. How old is your horse?
5. How long have you been riding for?
Off and on since I was eight. Just got back in the saddle more aggressively this year since I have my own mount now.
6. Why do you ride? (Fun, work, competition, etc.) Explain.
Because every little girl dreams of riding a horse- few of us grow up and actually do it. Its a fun activity, and, against popular belief of non-horse folk, it actually is a good workout.
7. In your last competition, where did you place?
1st 2nd 3rd Not at all
Oh, you mean the competition between me and my spazzy thoroughbred where we race across the pasture? Where I'm carrying a bucket of grain and screaming profanities? Its called 'Chase' and I usually loose and the nine hundred pound winner gets threatened with a stick if he comes any closer.
8. How satisfied with your performance are you with your last competition?
_____ very satisfied
__X___ strongly unsatisfied
It's usually a mix of 'Don't you dare!' and pure terror when I remember how slippery the ground is and how much of a klutz and horrible stopper my horse is.
9. What do you use to groom your horse? Check all that apply.
_x__ rubber currycomb
___ bot knife
___ shedding blade
___ grooming mitt
_X_ hoof pick
___ grooming sponge
10. Rank the following reasons for spending money on a horse in order from 1-5 (1 being the main reason)
Step one: Mount horse. Step two: Stay mounted.