Originally Posted by Heelsdown
Anyway, I wanted to update. My heart is broken. Charlie was sold over Christmas.
Well, I lost Charlie and I'm done with the barn.
I'm so sorry that Charlie was sold. Yes, that's how it goes, first money and all that BUT, if your trainer knew or the BO knew that you were interested IMO, they should have given you a head's up so that you could offer higher if you wished.
Things happen for a reason and I suspect, that your horse is still out there waiting for you. My best recommendation would be, go find a good barn with a solid lesson program and school horses, and start taking lessons from them and see how fast you progress. Continue making your plans for the shelter and fence and get that accomplished, so when the right horse presents himself, you will feel free to move.
Main thing though, get back in a lesson program right away and start making progress and give yourself that affirmation.