What do you ride in?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

What do you ride in?

This is a discussion on What do you ride in? within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Ranten saddlery
  • Riding horses and short people

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-28-2011, 10:28 PM
  #1
Foal
What do you ride in?

So im doing some research on saddles recently and It got me thinking...

What do you all ride in?

What do you wish you rode in?

What has been your favorite that you have ever ridden in?

In terms of brand, style etc.

I ride in a devoucoux, however Im really liking the CWD's lately. My favorite has been an Antares that my friend had, very very comfortable.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-28-2011, 10:33 PM
  #2
Trained
I have spent too much time in saddles that hindered my position instead of aiding it, and in saddles that were too small for me - it was when I sat in my now new current saddle, the Marcel Toulouse Legano.

The moment I sat in that saddle at the tack shop, it instantly put my feet directly under me and balanced me nicely. When I ride in it, I don't have to struggle to solidify my leg under me, and it puts me in a wonderful position for jumping.

I am in love with it. It doesn't matter what brand, model or make you are in - so long as it aids you and helps you improve instead of hinder you and hold you back, then you're in a good saddle.
     
    10-29-2011, 12:33 AM
  #3
Yearling
My dream saddle is the Antares Jumping saddle. But it cost more than I paid for my horse. Haha!
So for my money, the Toulouse Annice is awesome!
     
    10-29-2011, 01:05 AM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxer    
my dream saddle is the Antares Jumping saddle. But it cost more than I paid for my horse. Haha!
So for my money, the Toulouse Annice is awesome!
I LOVE the antares as well! Soo comfortable!
     
    10-29-2011, 01:20 AM
  #5
Green Broke
I am currently dressage saddle shopping, but I have my baby...my Pessoa jump saddle. Never ever getting rid of it, puts me in the best position, fits all the horses I have had, maybe a shim or two or thicker pad but nothing drastic! Love it! Got it almost 5 years ago and still looks new!!
     
    10-29-2011, 01:27 AM
  #6
Started
Westen I have a circle y which is great but I sold my super super old Tex tan/Hereford saddle a couple years ago that I absolutely loved. Ride like a dream but it didn't fit my horse and I had to sell it to buy one that did fit.

English I ride in my HDR which overall is really nice but O feel like it makes me crooked at a trot? Might be me, might be the saddle.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    10-29-2011, 01:31 AM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poco1220    
Westen I have a circle y which is great but I sold my super super old Tex tan/Hereford saddle a couple years ago that I absolutely loved. Ride like a dream but it didn't fit my horse and I had to sell it to buy one that did fit.

English I ride in my HDR which overall is really nice but O feel like it makes me crooked at a trot? Might be me, might be the saddle.
Posted via Mobile Device
My first saddle was an HDR Rivella! I do love the HDR's :)
     
    10-29-2011, 04:26 AM
  #8
Weanling
My two favorites are my Ran-Ten trail saddle and my Billy Royal West Coast Reiner.

Both are extremely comfortable and well made... The Ran-Ten is very light weight and easy on my four-legged buddy during long trail rides and the Billy Royal sits low and close to his back, giving me excellent feel and connection.

I pretty well use the Ran-Ten for trails and the Billy Royal in the arena. I really like 'em both....

Radiowaves


Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingrules92    
So im doing some research on saddles recently and It got me thinking...

What do you all ride in?

What do you wish you rode in?

What has been your favorite that you have ever ridden in?

In terms of brand, style etc.

I ride in a devoucoux, however Im really liking the CWD's lately. My favorite has been an Antares that my friend had, very very comfortable.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    10-29-2011, 05:50 AM
  #9
Foal
Stuben 19", it's the first saddle I've ever been able to find that fits me. I am pretty loyal to a brand that caters to more than short people.
     
    10-29-2011, 06:31 AM
  #10
Green Broke
I just ride in a Wintec dressage saddle, its far from "the best" saddle but I'm not "the best" rider. I like dressage saddles the most out of English saddles, but for my next horse I'm going to buy a halfbreed stock saddle for a bit more security on trails and such, I've been looking around at a few but I guess it will just come down to what fits my horse. I've seen many saddles I like, but it can be so hard to find a saddle in your price range that fits both the rider and the horse, in the end my dream saddle kind of becomes just one that fits.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone ever ride the Chief Joseph Appalousa ride? tinyliny Trail Riding 1 02-08-2011 09:07 AM
If you're gonna ride a young horse, then ride them. smrobs Horse Training 72 11-26-2010 11:00 PM
1st Night ride, 4th bareback ride, 8th ride total Britt Horse Training 5 11-21-2010 09:03 PM
They wanna ride... Iíll let them ride! Britt Horse Pictures 10 06-12-2010 09:20 PM
My brother's first trail ride :P (and ride) Zab Trail Riding 3 07-30-2009 02:24 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0