I do Parelli stuff with my horse. I don't totally agree with everything he does, he still has heaps of fun stuff you can do.
- make an obstacle course
- novelties (bending race, sack race etc)
- use your horse for transport (eg posting letters)
- 'bombproof' your horse, expose him/her to as many different situations/objects as possible (safely of course! I"m not suggesting taking him for a trip down the highway to get him used to trucks lol)
- teach him tricks (my horse shakes hands, high fives (with nose) & fetches (i taught her that to prove horses were better than dogs lol)
- trailriding (my favourite pasttime!)
- camping (even if its just next to his yard, its fun!) I'm going to sleep a night in the horses tack shed this holidays... if I can brave the spiders lol
- obedience training (on the ground) lol again i was proving that horses are better than dogs
thats all i can think of for now!
When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes. ~William Shakespeare