What little reminders have helped you in your riding! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

What little reminders have helped you in your riding!

This is a discussion on What little reminders have helped you in your riding! within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Now I think this is in a western setting but not sure but saw on RFDTV
    Per Linda Parrelli
    "If your seat is correct and your sitting as you should with seatbones, you can reach back and easily touch your horses rump, if your not, you cannot reach your horse". Meaning if your roached forward like I "LOVE" to do you can't get it easily. This little tip has helped me so much I can't tell you how many times I've re-corrected my very bad habit with this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-15-2010, 09:36 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        07-15-2010, 10:14 PM
      #13
    Started
    LOL Linda parelli? -pukes-

    Ride every stride. That one is self explanitory.

    Start with the pressure you want him to respond to, THEN increase. I had a tendancy to pull hard at first, then LATER get the horse to respond to lighter cues. It's much easier to give a soft cue, then medium, then HARD. Then, once the horse has the concept and is just being lazy, you can go from soft to HARD in a blink and the horse will most likely prefer to respond to the soft cue to avoid the HARD cue. LOL I guess I didn't have to explain that in such huge detail for you, but there you go.

    HAVE FUN!! Sometimes when I compete I get so hung up on what I need to do/don't need to do. If I just breathe and remember horses are what I live for I'm a MUCH better at riding/training/competing.

    Hm, I'll have to grab my notes as well :)
         
        07-15-2010, 10:26 PM
      #14
    Foal
    what NOT to do.....

    GROW UP...YOu can learn something from anyone whether you like them or not. I know I learned from you today -- what NOT to do..
    maybe we think your long exhasperating tip is to painful to read let alone to exhausting to try ...



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eliz    
    LOL Linda parelli? -pukes-

    Ride every stride. That one is self explanitory.

    Start with the pressure you want him to respond to, THEN increase. I had a tendancy to pull hard at first, then LATER get the horse to respond to lighter cues. It's much easier to give a soft cue, then medium, then HARD. Then, once the horse has the concept and is just being lazy, you can go from soft to HARD in a blink and the horse will most likely prefer to respond to the soft cue to avoid the HARD cue. LOL I guess I didn't have to explain that in such huge detail for you, but there you go.

    HAVE FUN!! Sometimes when I compete I get so hung up on what I need to do/don't need to do. If I just breathe and remember horses are what I live for I'm a MUCH better at riding/training/competing.

    Hm, I'll have to grab my notes as well :)
         
        07-15-2010, 10:37 PM
      #15
    Banned
    ^^ Rude much?
         
        07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
      #16
    Foal
    I Really learned a lot from remember to LOOK UP! I'm not going to get anywhere by looking at a horse's head!
         
        07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Easy to do though

    So easy and much better to look at....LOL

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skutterbotch    
    I Really learned a lot from remember to LOOK UP! I'm not going to get anywhere by looking at a horse's head!
         
        07-15-2010, 11:21 PM
      #18
    Started
    Post

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HUntet02    
    GROW UP...YOu can learn something from anyone whether you like them or not. I know I learned from you today -- what NOT to do..
    maybe we think your long exhasperating tip is to painful to read let alone to exhausting to try ...
    Wow, defensive much? It's called an opinion. Yeah from people you don't like you can learn what not to do.
         
        07-16-2010, 02:24 AM
      #19
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lis    
    When doing sitting trot: "There is a 20 note/Winning lottery ticket on your saddle if you don't sit on it then it will blow away now SIT!"
    haha I think this still it helped me with the canter as well :)
         
        07-16-2010, 03:29 AM
      #20
    Green Broke
    Sometimes I think 'canter, canter, canter, canter' in my head to get a good rhythm to jumps.

    'heels down!'
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    THANK YOU to all who helped me! I found him! Amarea Horse Talk 11 05-31-2010 08:05 PM
    Different riding levels sharing the riding ring RadHenry09 Horse Riding 6 11-16-2009 02:36 PM
    hi, look our chinese riding pictures.now too many people like riding. pony555 Horse Pictures 24 09-27-2009 05:47 PM
    English Riders; You helped me without me asking haha! Trinity Horse Talk 14 06-06-2009 11:30 AM
    Getting back into riding-lease choice and riding critique! missy06 Horse Riding Critique 9 05-02-2008 04:50 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0