What is the oddest thing your horse has ever done?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

What is the oddest thing your horse has ever done?

This is a discussion on What is the oddest thing your horse has ever done? within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • My horse lays down in puddles

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
  #1
Green Broke
What is the oddest thing your horse has ever done?

I was just wondering what are some out of the blue things your horses have done. I personally don't have anything. My old trainer told me about a horse she used to own once. She said she was out for a trail ride and with no warning he just stopped and layed down in the middle of the trail flat out, he did it slowly enough she could just step off. She told him to get up and she got back on and went home. He had never done it before and never did it again. She also told me of how a friend of hers was out riding once on her little gelding who got really scared of (i can't remember what) he literally sat down with her still in the saddle. Something happened and she ended up with a big scratch on her knee but they said it was really funny to see.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
  #2
Weanling
Well the pony I ride can be sour sometimes. So when I had him out for the lunging lesson we were going to do, no matter what I did, he was giving all the signals constantly, that he was going to kick me(or attempt it). The only thing he did quietly was let me pick out his hooves at the end of the quick grooming session. I naturally rewarded him with a mint.
Well, he pulled a Jackal and Hyde. He went from being bratty to an in-your-pocket-good-natured-I-love-you-so-much-and-trust-you-with-my-life-pony. It's the only time I've seen him pull a 360.
He stayed good for me all night and was willing...till I put him back in his stall and he tried to be herd boss and kick me out away from his hay because HE got to eat before ME haha.
     
    03-21-2011, 12:30 PM
  #3
Teen Forum Moderator
Just yesterday I was cooling out my filly after a good lunging session near a large field. Two boys were playing baseball in this area (I didn't know this, until it was too late) and one of them hit the ball all the way over to where Sour (the filly) and I were. It rolled towards her and she very neatly and cleanly hopped right off of the ground with all four feet in the air at the same time- jumping over the ball. Sour is normally a very hot and skittish horse so I expected her to try to run away with me, or atleast go into a hissy fit, but no! Instead she calmly walked over to the ball, picked it up between her teeth, bobbed her head a few times and tossed it back towards the boys! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Guess I'll be signing her up for baseball next season
     
    03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
  #4
Foal
My husbands horse took a bite of my Buick. He was grazing in the yard and the next day I found horse bite marks and scraped paint. Horse- Hm I wonder if this red car is apple flavored?
     
    03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
  #5
Yearling
When I kept my horse near the paddock by the road, everytime he would see me walk to the gate on the drive way he would stretch out and pee.
     
    03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
  #6
Yearling
My mare is known for laying down for a nap when she's tied to the hitching post. She lays down and stands back up with such grace and no tension in the lead. Lol She's sooooo lazy! It cracks me up.

Oh, and falling asleep like this:



     
    03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
  #7
Yearling
Oh, and when winter came, my four year old son and I were goofing off in her pasture splashing in puddles with our mud boots. Tenacity stopped grazing, came all the way over to us and started splashing in the same puddle with her hooves. She soaked us and got a kick out of it. She played in the puddles with us for about ten minutes. I'll never forget that day :)
     
    03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
  #8
Green Broke
Have to say I like all the stories so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku    
Just yesterday I was cooling out my filly after a good lunging session near a large field. Two boys were playing baseball in this area (I didn't know this, until it was too late) and one of them hit the ball all the way over to where Sour (the filly) and I were. It rolled towards her and she very neatly and cleanly hopped right off of the ground with all four feet in the air at the same time- jumping over the ball. Sour is normally a very hot and skittish horse so I expected her to try to run away with me, or atleast go into a hissy fit, but no! Instead she calmly walked over to the ball, picked it up between her teeth, bobbed her head a few times and tossed it back towards the boys! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Guess I'll be signing her up for baseball next season
That sounds really cute would have loved to have seen that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain    
My mare is known for laying down for a nap when she's tied to the hitching post. She lays down and stands back up with such grace and no tension in the lead. Lol She's sooooo lazy! It cracks me up.

Oh, and falling asleep like this:



That is hilarious, haven't seen a horse do that before

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain    
Oh, and when winter came, my four year old son and I were goofing off in her pasture splashing in puddles with our mud boots. Tenacity stopped grazing, came all the way over to us and started splashing in the same puddle with her hooves. She soaked us and got a kick out of it. She played in the puddles with us for about ten minutes. I'll never forget that day :)

That would be funny to see a horse her size jumping around in puddles
     
    03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
  #9
Started
I can't pick out one weird thing my horse has done. The poor lad is messed up in the head. XD

He does tend to stare off into space and ignore me when it's time to come in for dinner. It's like he's off in his own little world. He also stares at things that aren't there. He'll be standing in the pasture, dozing off and all of a sudden, he'll cock his head and prick his ears forward, staring at the ground... when there's absolutely nothing there.
     
    03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
  #10
Banned
I don't know if this is weird or not, but my horse rolls after she gets ridden, every single time. She just doesn't like being clean, she'll do it after baths too.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the oddest thing your horse is afraid of? EquestrianHollywood Horse Riding 247 04-15-2011 05:25 PM
What's the strangest/oddest place you've ever gone with your horse? PerchiesKisses Trail Riding 43 01-19-2011 04:27 PM
Do you think i'm doing the right thing for my horse??? HollyBubbles Horse Riding 10 09-23-2010 08:34 PM
What's the first thing you look for when looking for a new horse? TwistedSerpent Horses for Sale 38 04-07-2010 06:40 PM
Your oddest Horse Experience SorrelHorse Horse Riding 27 02-19-2010 04:14 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0