Arabian Nationals! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Showing Horses > Horse Shows

Arabian Nationals!

This is a discussion on Arabian Nationals! within the Horse Shows forums, part of the Showing Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-12-2010, 11:20 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    I have no clue about the Arab Nationals but in the first video was he supposed to be so crazy running around. He seemed almost out of control and the handler was snapping the chain a lot.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-13-2010, 01:23 AM
      #12
    Weanling
    Ok, I've never watched arab halter before so please bear with my total lack of knowledge LOL.

    Is the handler getting the horse to rock back and forth like that? If so whats the purpose of it? =]

    Your horse is stunning btw!
         
        11-13-2010, 07:59 AM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beau Baby    
    I have no clue about the Arab Nationals but in the first video was he supposed to be so crazy running around. He seemed almost out of control and the handler was snapping the chain a lot.
    They are supposed to come in the ring full of fire & spirit ( Stallions especially should display a LOT brilliance )
    He was by no means out of control, he showed just as he was needed to show and Steve only snapped him to slow him down to a trot rather than trying to canter, they are judged on their trot when the enter the ring.
         
        11-13-2010, 08:10 AM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AztecBaby    
    Ok, I've never watched arab halter before so please bear with my total lack of knowledge LOL.

    Is the handler getting the horse to rock back and forth like that? If so whats the purpose of it? =]

    Your horse is stunning btw!
    The rocking back tightens the back & loin muscles, it also creates a "hook" in the neck, below is a photo that demonstrates the "look" they are trying to get... See the back is tight and the neck breaks over at the poll creating that pretty "hook"

         
        11-13-2010, 07:02 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Thnx for explaining that Spirit Thyme. I just wasn't sure if they were supposed to b crazy, not a halter show type person. :)
         
        11-13-2010, 07:57 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beau Baby    
    Thnx for explaining that Spirit Thyme. I just wasn't sure if they were supposed to b crazy, not a halter show type person. :)
    LOL No problem, although we don't at all consider it crazy, just Flambouant and full of spirit ;)
    I also drive my Halter horse, so you see he is actually very quiet minded, he just turns it on when showing halter, he knows it's time to "strut his stuff" and has fun with it !
         
        11-13-2010, 08:29 PM
      #17
    Weanling
    Ahh, I see now.

    Thanks! That makes alot of sence now =]
         
        11-13-2010, 11:04 PM
      #18
    Started
    Of course there ARE those "crazy" horses that really are a danger in the ring, but Spirit Thyme was not close to being one of them ;)

    Also, there are some handlers that are unnecessarily brutal, just as there are extremes in any other show.
         
        11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
      #19
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eliz    
    Of course there ARE those "crazy" horses that really are a danger in the ring, but Spirit Thyme was not close to being one of them ;)

    Also, there are some handlers that are unnecessarily brutal, just as there are extremes in any other show.
    Yes Eliz is correct, I was just using my horse as an example, he is very well trained & behaved, safe enough that to let young kids do his stall cleaning at shows ( with him in the stall :LOL: )
    But there are those that haven't been raised as he has and with trainers that don't use the best methods, there are bad apples in ANY breed, especially when it comes to High level competitions ;)
         
        11-15-2010, 09:17 AM
      #20
    Green Broke
    Thanks for posting! Did you have fun?? :)
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Arabian US Nationals ! Spirit Thyme Horse Shows 11 09-15-2010 10:43 PM
    Interschools Nationals help needed Lofty Horse Talk 2 05-27-2010 02:39 AM
    SA Appaloosa Nationals 2009 Velvet Horse Shows 2 10-16-2009 02:32 AM
    Morgans - Nationals? NoFear526 Horse Breeds 4 06-30-2009 02:49 PM
    Arab nationals! upnover Horse Talk 5 10-23-2008 10:53 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0