Budweiser & Big Lick - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 166Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: south of nowhere, north of nothing
Posts: 4,642
• Horses: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
i dont mean any disrespect but this thread is ignorant.. couldnt ignore it.
Ignorant?! Outrage!!!! outrage!!!

Haha im just kidding. But really. I can see your point of view. But it sure would make a statement for sure if budweiser pulled out because of the "big lick cruelty"


Especially for non horsey folk....when I ask my friends what they think when they think horses they say "the big brown fluffy ones in the budweiser commercials during superbowl" so if their "big fluffy superbowl beer horses" said they wouldnt support it...that would be an eye opener for them haha



And i had to add something else-- when the padded shows are in town its more than just the show ring-- the whole town of shelbyville cellebrates.. its not 'big lick day' its 'the walking horse celebration ceremony' Budweiser could be sponsoring other events or venues in the local area too.. ill be sure to be there and 'investigate' the budweiser..

have some for me lol
Ignorant? psh. Smh lol


Butreally....make sure to THOROUGHLY investigate their beverages ; P
EvilHorseOfDoom and toto like this.

*Insert something witty*

Last edited by tinyliny; 08-10-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Roperchick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montana - Estados Unidos De Americana
Posts: 483
• Horses: 1
Making those horses bounce like that, man pretty dumb looking, pretty stupid thing to do, and yeah, I call it cruel.

At the same time though I don't think Budweiser is condoning it, they are a big company, in fact they are a huge company, with that they have a lot of people there and with having so many people there I am sure this decision came from someone who knows very little about horses who said "Hey this is a good event we can sponsor" Why, because sponsoring events is how they make money, and that is the name of the game and I have no problem with that.

On the other hand, the guy in the video abusing the horses, well lets just say id like to introduce him to my German Shepherd and then pour a little of that caustic in the open wounds.
BigNickMontana is offline  
post #13 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sevierville, TN
Posts: 345
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickMontana View Post
At the same time though I don't think Budweiser is condoning it, they are a big company, in fact they are a huge company, with that they have a lot of people there and with having so many people there I am sure this decision came from someone who knows very little about horses who said "Hey this is a good event we can sponsor" Why, because sponsoring events is how they make money, and that is the name of the game and I have no problem with that.
Other companies have pulled sponsorship because of the ties the show has to such abuse. So if they have the knowledge to pull out I have no reason to think that Budweiser would be any different in lacking the knowledge. Needless to say, after the outcry on their FB page, they know now. Many are boycotting.
Roperchick and Northernstar like this.
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
post #14 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sevierville, TN
Posts: 345
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
Im reckoning this is more about misinformation -- what does budweiser and soring have to do with each other? You mean budweiser is so horrible because they want to make money off shelbyvilles biggest event that brings in millions to Their city?
If other companies can pull out of sponsoring because of the allegations of abuse linked to this show than it is not unreasonable to try to get Budweiser to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
Every paded walker aint sored by the way- those bad people that do the soring end up behind bars and banned from the TWHBEA and showing at their events- to add.

Dont get me wrong- when i first seen a walker with them big pads on i thought it was silly looking and i do today- no need to say every padded walker is sored though- its false.
I never said EVERY padded walker is sored. However, this show has classes for exhibiting the Big Lick. If the show would just remove those classes I think it would do a world of good. And as for all the offenders going to jail. You are wrong. There is a repeat offender who is acting as a judge at this year's celebration.


Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
i dont mean any disrespect but this thread is ignorant.. couldnt ignore it.
Well, thank you ever so for being so respectful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
And i had to add something else-- when the padded shows are in town its more than just the show ring-- the whole town of shelbyville cellebrates.. its not 'big lick day' its 'the walking horse celebration ceremony' Budweiser could be sponsoring other events or venues in the local area too.. ill be sure to be there and 'investigate' the budweiser..
If Big Lick is not such a big deal then hopefully they will do away with it. If they are supposed to be celebrating the Tennessee Walker perhaps they could celebrate what is natural about it, rather than praise and honor those who do whatever it takes to get that unnatural gait from their horses. Just a thought. Enjoy your beer.
SmallTownGypsy is offline  
post #15 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montana - Estados Unidos De Americana
Posts: 483
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGypsy View Post
Other companies have pulled sponsorship because of the ties the show has to such abuse. So if they have the knowledge to pull out I have no reason to think that Budweiser would be any different in lacking the knowledge. Needless to say, after the outcry on their FB page, they know now. Many are boycotting.
Right what I am saying is that who ever made the decision is probably 32 flavors of clueless about it, and hopefully this will draw some light on the subject.
BigNickMontana is offline  
post #16 of 89 Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: mountian back woods
Posts: 1,569
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownGypsy View Post
If other companies can pull out of sponsoring because of the allegations of abuse linked to this show than it is not unreasonable to try to get Budweiser to do the same.
Why would budweiser pull out of sponsorship? People gonna start saying theyre soring the clydesdales if they dont? Lol. There is no abuse in the show- it aint been shown yet, lol.


Quote:
I never said EVERY padded walker is sored. However, this show has classes for exhibiting the Big Lick. If the show would just remove those classes I think it would do a world of good. And as for all the offenders going to jail. You are wrong. There is a repeat offender who is acting as a judge at this year's celebration.
There is no such thing as 'big lick class'. There not removing the twh wgc classes from the celebration any time soon- thats the money making classes people come from all over the world to see and spend lot of money in shelbyville too.. whos the judge?


Quote:
Well, thank you ever so for being so respectful.
youre welcome- i like to keep it respectful.





Quote:
If Big Lick is not such a big deal then hopefully they will do away with it. If they are supposed to be celebrating the Tennessee Walker perhaps they could celebrate what is natural about it, rather than praise and honor those who do whatever it takes to get that unnatural gait from their horses. Just a thought. Enjoy your beer.
They wont- its the big money generator for the city- it is a celebration the whole town celebrates the walking horse- they use the money earned from the people that come to see the paded walkers win wgc to fix up the city and donate a lot of the proceedings to charities in the city too.

youre looking at it in the wrong light-- it aint about hurting horses those people get jailed and no one wants them to touch their show horses! You say the word 'sore' in shelbyville.. dare ya, lol.

Thanks i will enjoy quite a few and ride in the walking horse wgc show too.


Forgot to tell you there is other classes than just the padded classes- there is natural classes light shod classes halter classes country pleasure classes etcetra -- its the twhbea celebration show theyve got it all not just 'big lick'

Last edited by toto; 08-07-2013 at 12:01 AM.
toto is offline  
post #17 of 89 Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: california
Posts: 5,359
• Horses: 0
I believe I saw that same video a few years ago. That was one specific trainer, I think he was jailed .
Not all breeders and trainers are abusive. They do use the pads on the hoof, but the soring is illegal at a sanctioned TWH show, and if exhibitors are caught with chains and soring they are kicked out. You should contact the TWHA and ask them about this issue also.
toto likes this.
stevenson is offline  
post #18 of 89 Old 08-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,771
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto View Post
Im reckoning this is more about misinformation -- what does budweiser and soring have to do with each other? You mean budweiser is so horrible because they want to make money off shelbyvilles biggest event that brings in millions to Their city?

Every paded walker aint sored by the way- those bad people that do the soring end up behind bars and banned from the TWHBEA and showing at their events- to add.

Dont get me wrong- when i first seen a walker with them big pads on i thought it was silly looking and i do today- no need to say every padded walker is sored though- its false.


i dont mean any disrespect but this thread is ignorant.. couldnt ignore it.


And i had to add something else-- when the padded shows are in town its more than just the show ring-- the whole town of shelbyville cellebrates.. its not 'big lick day' its 'the walking horse celebration ceremony' Budweiser could be sponsoring other events or venues in the local area too.. ill be sure to be there and 'investigate' the budweiser..


Sadly, this thread is not ignorant, but you are very ignorant if you think that the Big Lick's are not all sored.

Every single one of them is. Always.

Shows how little horse experience you have.

Horses make me a better person.
Palomine is offline  
post #19 of 89 Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: mountian back woods
Posts: 1,569
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomine View Post
Sadly, this thread is not ignorant, but you are very ignorant if you think that the Big Lick's are not all sored.

Every single one of them is. Always.

Shows how little horse experience you have.

thats a very narrow minded way of thinking about twhbea shows-- makes for my point i reckon.


Stevenson is right-- thats a very old video and that trainer was jailed and banned from the twhbea and walking horse association wont have anything to do with them.

Palomine- im not the one thats 'ignorant' here- im up to date when it comes to the twhbea shows- easy for someone to ridicule behind a computer though- show a little respect for the twhbea will you? They do try hard to ban and jail every person thats involved with soring and if you dont believe me- Contact Us





Ask them yourself- but dont slander the twhbea over the horse forum when you are clueless to whats really going on-- theyre cracking down hard so open your eyes!
stevenson likes this.

Last edited by tinyliny; 08-09-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: removed personal phone number
toto is offline  
post #20 of 89 Old 08-07-2013, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 16,353
• Horses: 0
Toto, you are mistaken if you think all the offenders are prosecuted or even "pointed out" at shows. There is a strong undercurrent with the "inspections and inspectors" at the shows and many violations are ignored.

Last year McConnell, after all that was proven about him, received 3 years PROBATION and a fine. That's all. So much for real punishment.

Admitted Tennessee walking horse abuser avoids prison | timesfreepress.com

The Congress tried to beef up the horse protection act....but the twhbea board of directors voted it down. They don't want it stronger. It might be too hard to let these things slip through the cracks.

LAST YEAR 76% of the horses tested by the USDA tested positive for soring agents. You can bet 76% of those trainers were not prosecuted. Why is it that when the USDA comes behind the SHOW testers, self-policing of the industry became 700 percent better

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...n-USDA-present

Foreign Substances Found in 76% Horses Tested by USDA at Walking Horse Event | TNReport

People who really believe these practices are gone, are deciding they like looking at these shows with blinders on. What they refuse to see, must not exist.

Last edited by Allison Finch; 08-07-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Allison Finch is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
and another article on Big Lick SueNH Gaited Horses 43 08-04-2013 10:28 AM
Where can I find Big Lick TWHs for sale? CloudsMystique Gaited Horses 42 08-31-2010 08:45 PM
big lick walker confo chika1235 Gaited Horses 2 02-16-2010 12:10 AM
Have any of you rehabbed a Big Lick TWH? CloudsMystique Gaited Horses 9 01-26-2010 10:57 PM
'Big lick'' doodle Zab Horse Artwork 20 09-24-2009 03:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome