Hello everyone! I'm showing TOMORROW and have a few last minute questions. Well, not really questions... but just confirmations.
I'm riding in Walk-Trot Hack, Equitation, and a Handy Hunter. No jumps or cantering.
- When I ride into the ring, I head to the left, correct? So I'm going clockwise.
- If the Judge calls: "Change rein" does that mean to basically change direction on the diagonal? Or something else?
- If we change direction, are we supposed to stop and adjust our numbers so the judge can see them, or just keep walking/trotting while doing so?
- Can we cut across the arena if we get too close to another horse, or perform circles?
- After we're finished our class, do we line up in the center with our backs to the judge, so he/she can see our numbers?
- My classes are one after another... How much time do you think I'll have in between? I have to memorize the Handy Hunter course, and I don't know if I'll have enough time.
- How long before my first class should I head to the warm-up ring? I'm just walking/trotting, so not long, right?
- If my horse acts up during the line, do I just walk away, circle back, and head to a more empty spot? Goose was being silly at our last lesson, and would circle to face the other horse in the arena.
Sorry for so many questions, I just want to be completely prepared!