Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Eventing Country
• Horses: 0
Well, I think "anything goes" at the Intro and Training Level phases - but I'm not 100%. And I know rules differ from USDF/USEA shows, in compareson to local shows.
At our local Glass-Ed Dressage Shows, I have seen
- Beige Breeches
- Hunter Blouses in Colors
- Dark colored pin striped jackets *Blues, Browns, Greys*
- Black helmets - plastic and velvet
- Paddock Boots/Half Chaps
I show at Training Level, and of course am an Eventer - and I wear
- White Breeches
- White show blouse
- Black Show Coat
- Tall Boots
- Black Velvet Helmet
- Black Gloves
- Hair in a "hairbun/clip" thinggy
It all depends on what your local organization will allow and not allow. But, I say, to stay safe - invest in the proper attire. You don't have to buy brand new, you can go to tacktrader.com, ebay, and other forums like the Bits And Barter Board to look for used quaility clothing within your price range.
I do it all the time, and my whole attire is all used. Most I got from Tack Sales where I buy them from other horse folk who rented tables to sell their used stuff.
- IRH Velvet Helmet *Ebay*
- Show Jacket *Used from a tack sale*
- Gloves - ok, those are brand new lol
- Breeches *Bought from a tack sale*
- Ariat Tall Boots *hand me downs* Mountain Horse High Riders *Birthday Gift*
- Show Blouse with Rat Catcher and Stock Tie *Bought from a tack sale*
Cheap Cheap Cheap - but works just as well :)
Last edited by MIEventer; 12-20-2010 at 09:22 AM.