^It was originally just supposed to be a month or two.
I'm really in a sticky sort of situation. The hauling fees were close to $1,500. Which was fine, but I really can't afford to do that two more times if I bring him back to CO, then change my mind and want to go back to TX. I need to make a decision about whether I am staying or going, and then go from there.
Though I am busy, time was never an issue. I always had time to spend with him, and still did.
The other issue is that I don't have a barn I'm at now. I kept him at a show barn that was nearly $700 for paddock board alone. Fees were just piling on top of that. While I could afford it, it left me with very little room to do anything else. Plus, it was pretty far, about a 40 minute drive. So, I would need to decide if I wanted to give up my social life and go back to that lifestyle, or keep him somewhere low key and just ride him. Either way, I'd need to make those connections again.
I'd like to take lessons in the meantime, but find myself in a bit of a pickle there as well. The barns that have trainers teaching in the area at a level appropriate to mine really don't keep school horses, and charge a hefty fee to use a boarder's horse. This usually brings lessons to $70+. Though other barns are cheaper, they just aren't the quality of instruction that I would benefit from at this stage in my horsie career.
I am by no means the 'demanding' type, so that was never really up for consideration. I would just continue paying for full board until I figure it out.
Ugh. I'm so confused and don't know what to do... Does anyone have any suggestions about the long run? D:
Last edited by Zexious; 10-08-2013 at 04:00 PM.