Showing Fees = Crap Prizes?? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Showing Horses > Horse Shows

Showing Fees = Crap Prizes??

This is a discussion on Showing Fees = Crap Prizes?? within the Horse Shows forums, part of the Showing Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-19-2009, 10:59 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    Ok so does anyone have any good websites that do embroidery? For cheap? After I get more info I think we are only going to be able to do series high points like last year. Here are the high points we had last year and probably will have again in 2010. Any suggestions always apprechiated

    Halter high point:
    Showmanship High Point:
    English 13&Under High Point:
    English 14-17 High Point:
    English 18&Over High Point:
    English Open High Point:
    English Overall High Point: (series Winner gets buckle)
    Trail High Point:
    Western 13&Under High Point:
    Western 14-17 High Point:
    Western 18&Over High Point:
    Western Open High Point:
    Reining High Point:
    Western Overall High Point: (Series winner gets Buckle)
    English/Western Overall: (series winner gets buckle)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
      #12
    Weanling
    I won't comment. I showed AQHA and we didn't get anything until the year-end awards. We got points on our horses, that's about it.

    Year-end awards, however, were presented at a banquet. For however many points you received you were able to choose your award. I've gotten saddle pads, horse blankets, bits, boots, you name it.
         
        11-20-2009, 11:14 AM
      #13
    Weanling
    We have a tiny arena with big costs, and we still keep it up with only $5-$10 per class. Of course for each class you got ribbons, but they were $5 classes so it was no big deal to only get a $1 ribbon.

    For our local horse club we got a nice denim jacket with the place and rider's names on them for the entire season, and then we also got halter's with the horse's name and place on them for the season. If you paced in top 3 you got a jacket, and top 5 horses got halters.
         
        11-20-2009, 11:18 AM
      #14
    Super Moderator
    I don't even pick up my ribbon at the shows half the time... I'm in it for the points not the prizes... (Of course I only earned a half a point this season...)
         
        11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds    
    I won't comment. I showed AQHA and we didn't get anything until the year-end awards. We got points on our horses, that's about it.

    Year-end awards, however, were presented at a banquet. For however many points you received you were able to choose your award. I've gotten saddle pads, horse blankets, bits, boots, you name it.
    Hehe that actually sounds pretty cool :P
         
        11-20-2009, 03:15 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothTrails    
    We have a tiny arena with big costs, and we still keep it up with only $5-$10 per class. Of course for each class you got ribbons, but they were $5 classes so it was no big deal to only get a $1 ribbon.

    For our local horse club we got a nice denim jacket with the place and rider's names on them for the entire season, and then we also got halter's with the horse's name and place on them for the season. If you paced in top 3 you got a jacket, and top 5 horses got halters.
    That sounds like a cool idea... maybe we can pull something like that off for the series high pointers or something??
         
        11-20-2009, 03:15 PM
      #17
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by farmpony84    
    I don't even pick up my ribbon at the shows half the time... I'm in it for the points not the prizes... (Of course I only earned a half a point this season...)
    hehehe Vapor prizes hehehe
         
        11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
      #18
    Super Moderator
    They don't hand out the ribbons at AQHA shows. They have them there at the show office but you have to go and get them if you want them. They do give circuit awards and sometimes they give out cups or coupons, buckets and stuff for certain placings but Riley is only 3 and this is my first year showing AQHA so when we got that half point at state fair I was so excited!
         
        11-20-2009, 05:23 PM
      #19
    Trained
    Wow, do you really care that much about prizes? No way would I ever complain about a show I went to because of a lack of 'good' (In one persons opinion) prizes.

    Most things I show at/compete at, all you get is a ribbon. I give them back to give to other people who want them more than me. If you win highpoint over the day, etc. you get a little trophy. Maybe if you win a supreme or something just as big - You might get an embroidered rug, or saddlecloth.

    The bigger things - Big campdrafts etc. you can win big cheques and handmade saddles... but there are like 400 competitors.

    For me it has NOTHING to do with the prizes and everything to do with acknowledgement of how well my horse and I are doing and improving. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a show has gone to the effort of getting grooming products and buckets arranged as prizes, and the riders complain they aren't good enough.

    P.S. - I love winning buckets, they are always handy.
         
        11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
      #20
    Trained
    I'm not going to stop showing because of lack of prizes. But I would certainly appreciate nice year end awards.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Adoption Fees ShutUpJoe Horse Protection 70 02-16-2010 10:13 AM
    Medal Prizes? upnover Horse Shows 4 09-14-2009 02:11 PM
    True Bond Prizes ChingazMyBoy Horse Contests 1 09-04-2009 05:07 AM
    finder's fees edozier1 Horses for Sale 8 03-22-2008 04:05 AM
    Shipping Fees... Please Help!!! CrazyHorseChick Horses for Sale 4 10-14-2007 01:50 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0