What is a "Championship class"
I usually show in an open show circuit that has the "normal" halter, english, western, and games classes, but I just found a nearby benefit show that has the "normal" classes plus championship classes. Those classes also cost more to enter.
Here is a sample of the class sheet:
21. Walk-Trot 10-13 English
22. Walk-Trot 14-18 English
23. Walk-Trot Adult English
24. Pony Pleasure 18 & under
25. AQHA Novice Amateur/Rookie Hunter under Saddle
26. AQHA Novice Youth/Rookie Hunter under Saddle
27. AQHA Green Hunter Under Saddle
28. AQHA Amateur Hunter under Saddle
29. AQHA Youth Hunter under Saddle
30. AQHA All Age Open Hunter under Saddle
31. Hunter Under Saddle 13 & Under
32. Hunter Under Saddle 14 - 18
33. Hunter Under Saddle 19 & over
34. Pony Walk-Trot 18 & under
35. Color Walk-Trot/Jog Open
36. Walk-Trot English 10-18 Championship
37. Walk-Trot English 19 & over Championship
38. Hunter Under Saddle Championship
If you enter class 23(walk trot adult) can you automatically enter class 37(walk trot 19 and over Championship)?
Is the championship class only open to certain placings(like 1st-3rd place)?
Why are they more expensive? Are there usually prizes?
Sorry if this has been asked before, or if it's a completely stupid question, I just don't want to be the irritating, clueless one on show day!
**BTW if anyone lives near Clemson SC, this is the Summer Sizzler combo open and AQHA show on July 28th at T. Ed Garrison arena. A portion of the proceeds go to the Tri-County Tech Evening Student Veterinary Technology Scholarship Fund.**