worst moment at show
   

       The Horse Forum > Showing Horses > Horse Shows

worst moment at show

This is a discussion on worst moment at show within the Horse Shows forums, part of the Showing Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-14-2008, 02:55 AM
      #1
    Foal
    worst moment at show

    Has anyone eva done something that they will neva forget at a horse show. Like sumthing really embarassing??

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    I took my old horse to one of his first horse shows and we were coming around to a box shaped like a triangle. Flat on the bottom, angled at the top. He took one look at that jump and said no thank you, slammed to a stop, threw up his head and I fell forwards and got a mouth full of mane. Heh. When I sat back up I had chunks of his mane stuck in my braces! So I had to circle around ripping hair from my mouth! Haha. Pretty funny.
         
        04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
      #3
    Showing
    *sigh* I had a whole horrible show when I was 12.. I fell off during warmup then almost got run over by another trainer, knocked rails in every class and/or fell off.. my mare just about strangled herself because of some stupid people playing on the haystack (knocked bales from the top row).. then when I was tying my horse to the trailer, somehow my finger got stuck in the slipknot just as Dancer spooked and pulled back ... I just about lost that finger.
    Ugh.
    Yep, not a good day.
         
        04-14-2008, 11:33 PM
      #4
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDressageIt
    *sigh* I had a whole horrible show when I was 12.. I fell off during warmup then almost got run over by another trainer, knocked rails in every class and/or fell off.. my mare just about strangled herself because of some stupid people playing on the haystack (knocked bales from the top row).. then when I was tying my horse to the trailer, somehow my finger got stuck in the slipknot just as Dancer spooked and pulled back ... I just about lost that finger.
    Ugh.
    Yep, not a good day.
    OMGossh, that was a very bad day lol
         
        04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
      #5
    tim
    Weanling
    Ok, I went to a show to exhibit one of my friends horses once. This mare hadn't really been ridden seriously for probably six months and she wasn't very calm.

    While we were at the show she got loose twice, and both times she made for the road. The whole show had to be shut down because of her, and I had to go out both times and retrieve her while everyone stared at me. It was pretty embarrassing.

    At another show, the horse I own now was tied to the back of the trailer on a long line so he could eat grass while we watched the show in the bleachers. All of a sudden there was this horrible screeching noise followed by a tremendous crash. When I went back to check on him (because the noise came from our trailer) I saw he had managed to loop the lead under the door (which had intelligently been left open... probably by me) so that when he lifted his head, he had lifted the door out of its hinges, and it was now laying on the ground next to him. An entire trailer gate had come off. It wasn't hard to put the door back on but a lot of people gathered around to stare at it before we could repair it.

    What is it with people and staring?
         
        04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
      #6
    Started
    I'm a cry baby, when I don't know how to deal with things, emotionally, I cry. Well my first show I was an emotional disaster. My horse stepped on my toe in our showmanship class, so I cried, I messed up my showmanship pattern, so I cried. I cried and cried and cried and everyone was like what is this kids problem?
         
        04-16-2008, 12:49 AM
      #7
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harlee rides horses
    I'm a cry baby, when I don't know how to deal with things, emotionally, I cry. Well my first show I was an emotional disaster. My horse stepped on my toe in our showmanship class, so I cried, I messed up my showmanship pattern, so I cried. I cried and cried and cried and everyone was like what is this kids problem?
         
        05-02-2008, 01:57 AM
      #8
    Weanling
    My embarrassing moments usually happen when I take two horses to a show, the one at the float is usually the culpret. The most interesting moment when like this.....

    I'm happily working out in the ring when over the PA I here the call of 'lose horse!' not thinking much of it I continue on, only to look over at the showjumping ring to see my lovely chestnut warmblood gelding deciding to have a go at the 1m class......

    BY HIMSELF!!!

    He'd apparently spooked at the float, broken free and taken off. He'd been an eventer before I took him on, so was more than accustomed to jumping and he managed to get over 3 jumps before he was caught. The spectators were very ammused, I however was not and that is pretty much the last time that I took him out in company. He spent the rest of the competition standing in the float.
         
        05-02-2008, 07:14 AM
      #9
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frog
    My embarrassing moments usually happen when I take two horses to a show, the one at the float is usually the culpret. The most interesting moment when like this.....

    I'm happily working out in the ring when over the PA I here the call of 'lose horse!' not thinking much of it I continue on, only to look over at the showjumping ring to see my lovely chestnut warmblood gelding deciding to have a go at the 1m class......

    BY HIMSELF!!!

    He'd apparently spooked at the float, broken free and taken off. He'd been an eventer before I took him on, so was more than accustomed to jumping and he managed to get over 3 jumps before he was caught. The spectators were very ammused, I however was not and that is pretty much the last time that I took him out in company. He spent the rest of the competition standing in the float.
    Oh dear lord!
    My worst show expirence would be when my sister fell off her show pony (because he spooked at a kid falling over with ballons) and the pony went over into the food section, and played hard to get for about 30min, althou many pple found it very interesting and humourous lol. It was kinda funny no one went over to my sister they just chased after the pony haha, sorry shouldnt be so crude lol.
    Its ok, we don't have that pony anymore, he is back with his owners in South Australia...a long way away. I think they are having some success with him, although he had to be drugged, otherwise you just couldnt work with him.
         
        05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
      #10
    Foal
    I have not gone to a show yet but I am this june and july and maybe august and I am sure I will have many embarrasing moments to share afterwards. I hope I have better luck than you though JDI. I definitely need my fingers.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0