Sad story - The Horse Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 338
• Horses: 2
Sad story

Hi I am Jack the colt foal! I am 4 months old! I love to run and play with my other foal friends and my mother. One day the people took me away from my mother, she fought them but wasnt strong enough. They took me to this place that smelt horried of death. I was at the slaughter house.... The next I was gone. They killed me.
Please stop the insanity of slaughter houses!!!

Feeling down? Saddle up.
kamibear11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi, Usa
Posts: 2,978
• Horses: 0
Or we could stop the insanity of over breeding, maybe?
HaflingerLove likes this.
Katesrider011 is offline  
post #3 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,321
• Horses: 5
That would be really sad, except horses dont have the same emotions as a little girl.
Posted via Mobile Device
GreyRay is offline  
post #4 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 338
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesrider011 View Post
Or we could stop the insanity of over breeding, maybe?
Ya that would work to but I mean those people who breed horses and take the babies away right away!! lol

Feeling down? Saddle up.
kamibear11 is offline  
post #5 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 338
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyRay View Post
That would be really sad, except horses dont have the same emotions as a little girl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ik but horses do love their children and would be sad if they were gone and the baby would be scared if they didnt kno were their mom was!!!

Feeling down? Saddle up.
kamibear11 is offline  
post #6 of 36 Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi, Usa
Posts: 2,978
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamibear11 View Post
Ya that would work to but I mean those people who breed horses and take the babies away right away!! lol
Not all people, some people keep the babies. It's the people who are like ohh I want a foal and breed their horse then don't have the finance to keep it, so they sale it and that's when it can end up in a bad situation like in the kill pen. Or the racing industry, who breed and breed and breed trying to get a good horse and if the horse isn't fit, it's either A. put up for adoption or B. Sent to slaughter.
HaflingerLove likes this.
Katesrider011 is offline  
post #7 of 36 Old 12-08-2010, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 338
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesrider011 View Post
Not all people, some people keep the babies. It's the people who are like ohh I want a foal and breed their horse then don't have the finance to keep it, so they sale it and that's when it can end up in a bad situation like in the kill pen. Or the racing industry, who breed and breed and breed trying to get a good horse and if the horse isn't fit, it's either A. put up for adoption or B. Sent to slaughter.
I know not all people are like that but u know those breeders who will breed them then right as they are born take them away from their moms and seel them to a slaughter house

Feeling down? Saddle up.
kamibear11 is offline  
post #8 of 36 Old 12-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,284
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamibear11 View Post
I know not all people are like that but u know those breeders who will breed them then right as they are born take them away from their moms and seel them to a slaughter house
You know this for a fact, HOW? I've never heard of anyone who would take a newborn away from its mother and sell it to slaughter. There isn't any meat on a newborn, and it'd die without nursing in any case.

4 months old is a weanling, not a still nursing foal in most cases. Which means their mothers don't see them as their babies anymore, just another horse.

Most of the horses that go to slaughter are adults. Young, healthy, and in good weight. Like any other meat, horses are bought by the pound. The kill buyers, contrary to popular belief, don't take the old, sick, emaciated, or youngsters. They're in the business to make a profit, just like any other job.

I hope with your bleeding heart sentiments you don't eat meat or use/wear leather. After all, a baby calf is just as precious to its mother as a foal is to its dam, and veal is very much in demand in this and other countries.

Last edited by Speed Racer; 12-08-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Speed Racer is offline  
post #9 of 36 Old 12-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida, GA line
Posts: 1,249
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamibear11 View Post
Hi I am Jack the colt foal! I am 4 months old! I love to run and play with my other foal friends and my mother. One day the people took me away from my mother, she fought them but wasnt strong enough. They took me to this place that smelt horried of death. I was at the slaughter house.... The next I was gone. They killed me.
Please stop the insanity of slaughter houses!!!
I bet cows,goats and pigs feel the same way ;)
Oh but Iv never seen any stories like this posted about other livestock. Yeah thats right, horses are still considered livestock.
lacyloo is offline  
post #10 of 36 Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 466
• Horses: 0
This is....for lack of a better word...dumb. Sorry lol

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything but I can still do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. " - Helen Keller
Regan7312 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my story :) alexx Horse Stories and Poems 16 07-25-2010 08:03 AM
Toy Story 3 Tyler Movies, Music, and TV 7 06-22-2010 12:42 AM
Sad story dop Horse Law 39 04-15-2010 08:32 AM
My story Icrazyaboutu Horse Stories and Poems 5 12-30-2009 01:33 PM
My Story Endless Journey Girl Horse Videos 3 06-19-2009 09:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome