Sad story - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Stories and Poems

Sad story

This is a discussion on Sad story within the Horse Stories and Poems forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree2Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-18-2010, 10:17 PM
      #21
    Showing
    Especially being driven 15 to a stock trailer over 15 hours of time with no break, killing and injuring each other while they try to find room to breathe in the back.

    Would you rather this, or a quick ride and it's over?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-18-2010, 10:28 PM
      #22
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Especially being driven 15 to a stock trailer over 15 hours of time with no break, killing and injuring each other while they try to find room to breathe in the back.

    Would you rather this, or a quick ride and it's over?
    Exactly. But to the OP I was anti-slaughter for awhile, but my views of it have changed since I've been on this forum. I know you feel that slaughter is oh so horrible, cause let me guess. You've been watching that peta propaganda haven't you? You have to learn not to believe everything peta, and shark throw out there. They're very a very irrational group. I bet 10 bucks they'll try to give animals the right to vote next time. Cause animals just love to vote.
         
        12-18-2010, 10:33 PM
      #23
    Green Broke
    I believe slaughter should be allowed in the US. Around here the horses just go to Mexico anyway.
    OP, if you are referring to PMU foals or Nurse mare foals, then yes I think foals produced for those industries suffer needlessly. But even in those cases sometimes slaughter is preferrable to the alternatives.
         
        12-18-2010, 10:35 PM
      #24
    Showing
    I can't STAND peta. In advanced language arts we're doing persuasive essays, and one kid is doing animal rights....when the teacher reccomended him looking up peta because it has "good points", I about screamed. :roll:
         
        12-18-2010, 10:38 PM
      #25
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    I can't STAND peta. In advanced language arts we're doing persuasive essays, and one kid is doing animal rights....when the teacher reccomended him looking up peta because it has "good points", I about screamed. :roll:
    What's the name of the group of extremists/terrorists that will go on private property and set someone else's beloved horse free?
         
        12-18-2010, 10:46 PM
      #26
    Showing
    I don't know, I haven't heard of that one Lock up your gates!!
         
        12-18-2010, 10:49 PM
      #27
    Banned
    Yeah, they go and open the gates and let the horses lose. It's crazy!
         
        12-20-2010, 12:19 AM
      #28
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Quick injection or quick shot, it's still quick and in most cases, not cruel.
    that's alot of wasted meat...
         
        12-20-2010, 12:42 AM
      #29
    Showing
    Huh? Shot as in a bullet, which is what they kill with I believe. That's not wasted meat....
         
        12-20-2010, 12:44 AM
      #30
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by equiniphile    
    Huh? Shot as in a bullet, which is what they kill with I believe. That's not wasted meat....
    Some slaughter houses use guns, and some use captive bolts.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    my story :) alexx Horse Stories and Poems 16 07-25-2010 08:03 AM
    Toy Story 3 Tyler Movies, Music, and TV 7 06-22-2010 12:42 AM
    Sad story dop Horse Law 39 04-15-2010 08:32 AM
    My story Icrazyaboutu Horse Stories and Poems 5 12-30-2009 01:33 PM
    My Story Endless Journey Girl Horse Videos 3 06-19-2009 09:40 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0