Bit Information (Snaffle and English-Type Bits) - Page 29

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Bit Information (Snaffle and English-Type Bits)

This is a discussion on Bit Information (Snaffle and English-Type Bits) within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    Like Tree82Likes

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-10-2013, 10:44 AM
    What type of bit is this?


    Can anyone tell me what type of bit is shown in the attachment? I believe it's a mullen mouth of some type. It was left in our barn by previous owners. I'm curious about what it is and how it is used?


    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg mystery bit.jpg (23.9 KB, 38 views)
    Sponsored Links
        11-10-2013, 02:38 PM
    It's a Houghton bit and it's usually used on racehorses. I'm not sure what type of horse it would be used to to help their performance though.
        11-11-2013, 08:00 AM

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Cleaning horses' bits - no, not those kind of 'bits' Kyani Horse Grooming 79 01-30-2013 01:07 PM
    Questions about Bits - Yawning, Type, Collection? MN Tigerstripes Horse Tack and Equipment 9 08-04-2009 07:05 PM
    English Bits Checkers Horse Tack and Equipment 14 11-27-2008 05:54 PM
    Pleasure type horse competing with stock type Angel_Leaguer Driving 10 11-10-2008 07:47 PM
    Soft Bits vs Harsh bits? Velvetgrace Horse Training 45 11-07-2008 05:02 PM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0