I've been wanting to build a tack trunk forever! I've looked at already made ones and decided that the best bet would be to build my own to save money. My mom has a friend in mind that could help build it. Right now I'm looking at these 2 plans...
Elite Tack Design - Basic Tack Plus, Low-cost, Simple-to-build, Tack Trunk Plans
Elite Tack Design - Total Tack Trunk, Low-cost, Simple-to-build, Tack Trunk Plans
I really like the second one but I'm worried it might be HUGE. I want to be able to keep my saddle in it because I'm scared to leave it on the racks at my barn and someone use it by accident and misplace it (there are lots of lesson kids).
I would love opinions on these plans and if you have another plan that you think would work better. Also, I'd love to see your tack trunks too.
Here's what I would be keeping in my tack trunk it that helps...
- Spare Halters
- Possibly my bridle and breastplate
- Half Pad and Baby Pad
- Spare pads
- Brush box (app. 18 inches long and 6 or 7 inches wide)
- Show Sheen, Hair Moisturizer, Detanger, Fly Spray, Liniment, Poultice
- Bucket with bathing supplies (Shampoo, Conditioner, Sponge)
- Girth (fuzzy and leather one)
- Horse Treats
- and Misc stuff.
Warm cookies and milk if you read through all that!!