I've been saving up money for a saddle for my new horse because my old one doesn't fit her. She's a TB with a prominent wither and with undeveloped back muscle so I want one with a changeable gullet. My local tack shop carries Wintecs, Collegiates and Bates. I have $725 saved up so far so I'm ready to buy a Wintec. But if I wait until the end of January I'll have enough money to but any of the three.
1. Which one would you choose and why?
2. If you picked Collegiate, which saddle specifically? (I believe there's three to choose from)
3. Is there another saddle not listed that I should consider?
4. Any major problems you've found with any of these saddles?
5. Any other comments you'd like to add?