Crackerjack?? - The Horse Forum
  • 1 Post By FaceTheMusic
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 29
• Horses: 0

What does the term "crackerjack" mean when discussing bits?
Cant Biya Love is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 194
• Horses: 2
Originally Posted by Cant Biya Love View Post
What does the term "crackerjack" mean when discussing bits?
I think you mean "nutcracker". It describes the action of the bit in the horse's mouth. The nutcracker action isn't a good thing, as most horses dislike the feeling. It can pinch the tongue or even hit the roof of the horse's mouth. This happens with single jointed snaffles and tom thumb bits. Any bit with a single joint in the center is capable of having a nutcracker action if used with rough hands. That is why a lot of horses and riders prefer a french link snaffle to a regular one.
bonyroany likes this.

FaceTheMusic is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome