With income tax coming in, I'm considering buying a new saddle. Recently bought my husband a used tex-tan saddle, and I really like his. But the used price I got was a friend deal, so there is no way I could ever get that killer of a deal. (Paid $300, it has only been used about a dozen times.)
I want quality, but I don't ride alot, so I really fight quality versus price. I know I can spend the $1k (ish) to buy a great saddle that is going to last me forever. But I ride maybe once a week, if that. The wintec synthetic I bought in 2004 still looks new.
(My current saddle)
My main question is not feeling very secure in this saddle. I'd like to find something with a higher back (cantle? i think). Like a barrel saddle, almost. So I don't know what I want, lol. I know the suggestion is to go and try saddles out. Unfortunately, there is only one tack shop in the area to do that, and they are very over priced. Because of that I've been looking online. (Go ebay! LOL)
This particular store sells alot of tack, and is located in Texas. Since there is alot of knowledgeable saddle people on here, what does this saddle look like to you?
Here are the specs from their ebay store
- Here is a BRAND NEW 17" TRAIL/PLEASURE/SHOW HAND TOOLED SADDLE.
- MADE IN Texas.
- This saddle has a deep and well padded seat.
- Several rings and footman loops for everything you need to carry.
- This saddle is BRAND NEW. Has 1" of memory foam in the seat for a very COMFORTABLE AND SMOOTH ride all day long.
- Great Quality Stirrups.
- 7" GULLET
- FULL QH BARS (WE ALSO HAVE SEMI QH BARS, PLEASE ASK)
- THIS SADDLE SET COMES WITH ALL THE TACK YOU WOULD NEED.
- A MATCHING HEADSTALL WITH CONCHOS.
- A MATCHING BREAST COLLAR WITH CONCHOS.
- A 34" X 36" NEW ZEALAND WOOL SADDLE BLANKET
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.
- YOU CAN CHANGE THE TACK SET AND/OR SADDLE, IF YOU WANT.