Pics for the two color noseband will be up friday, saturday the latest!!
If you plan on making a halter, make sure the left side of the rope is a few feet longer than the right (unlike the video). If I have done that the band behind the ears wouldnt have to be trimmed and it would have been 2 pieces of rope!!
Ok so I finally got some pics!! I think I used 5 1/2 feet of paracord for the nose band, I KNOW I used 5 1/2 feet for the sides of the halter. There are many websites to get 550 paracord, I reccemend getting 50-100 feet to use for more projects :) you can also get 16 ft lengths at ac moore and michaels craft stores.
Ok I used a scrap of the halter rope to show how to do the nose band and the sides.
1. You want to put the two pieces of rope through like this
2. Start with the lefthand side and bring it OVER-under[halter rope]-over (if you start with it under, it wont look the same, so keep this in mind!)
3. Tighten and push to the top to hold the ends in
4. Now take it again and go UNDER-over[halter rope]-under. Tighten.
5. Take right side and remember to always start with OVER. Over-under[halter rope]-over. Tighten.
6. UNDER-over[halter rope]-under. Tighten.
7. When you get as many knots in as you can between the 2 noseband knots, you want to cut close (as pictured) and you want to take a lighter and melt the ends enough that you can press them against the lighter and they will flatten. I will post a link because the editing is not showing with the pic :/ DSCN3844.jpg Photo by thepetbarn | Photobucket