Double T saddles? - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,588
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy1356 View Post
The positive reviews come from those who don't know any better. They often don't know how to tell if a saddle properly fits and they couldn't tell you the difference in the leather from a double t to a circle Y.
Having discussed this with may Saddle Makers and other people in the Industry, it is estimated over 50% of Saddles do not fit the Horse properly.

I have seen 2 brand new Double T of the same exact model that fit totally different, they have no quality control........


.
SouthernTrails is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy1356 View Post
The positive reviews come from those who don't know any better. They often don't know how to tell if a saddle properly fits and they couldn't tell you the difference in the leather from a double t to a circle Y.
Kinda narrow-minded.

You do know a review isn't always a comparison...right? A review could be if it serves the purpose, is at the right price, and the customer is satisfied.

The poster above gave a review that she loves it. She knows it's not an expensive saddle, it fits her horse, she rides a lot in it and it's held up so far.
TackJack is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,444
• Horses: 1
My point exactly. Those that give them good reviews often do so because they think it does fit the horse when in reality it really doesn't. And sorry but 1 year is not even remotely close to consider a saddle holding up. My western saddle is over 20 years old and other than the fleece being flat it is in tip top shape. I have held a double T in my hands.

Often times the horse will be so stoic about ill fitting saddles that it won't show until after the saddle has been used for quite some time. All of a sudden the horse will get a behavior problem.
poppy1356 is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 73
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy1356 View Post
My point exactly. Those that give them good reviews often do so because they think it does fit the horse when in reality it really doesn't. And sorry but 1 year is not even remotely close to consider a saddle holding up. My western saddle is over 20 years old and other than the fleece being flat it is in tip top shape. I have held a double T in my hands.

Often times the horse will be so stoic about ill fitting saddles that it won't show until after the saddle has been used for quite some time. All of a sudden the horse will get a behavior problem.
"...think it does fit the horse when in reality it really doesn't."
You don't know that.

Quite simply - you're off your rocker if you think you can speak for the entire horse world.

Personally I don't like Double T's but I'm not going to say that someone else can't have a positive experience with their Double T Saddle.
TackJack is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 54
• Horses: 1
I wrote a positive review about them and I know how to tell the difference. Just because saddles are cheap doesn't mean they are cheap saddles. I am kinda worried about getting a barrel saddle though. I really can't spend over $500 for one and I don't know which brand I want.
Posted via Mobile Device
ThisGirl is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 07-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Edge of Fla/Everglades(sw side)
Posts: 224
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGirl View Post
I wrote a positive review about them and I know how to tell the difference. Just because saddles are cheap doesn't mean they are cheap saddles. I am kinda worried about getting a barrel saddle though. I really can't spend over $500 for one and I don't know which brand I want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Just trying to help, like others here. Mean this in a positive way have you looked here ? Western Saddles for sale with in Pedigree around USA :: HorseClicks=

Briefly looking and the only barrel saddles I've ever owned were to flip from estates aucton sales etc , but briefly looking at for sale list I see a Tex Tan and a Crates for $595. You might look into also Dakotas, pre-owned Cactus's, etc.

Also to be fair I'am sure some saddles listed here might be on E-Bay.
Hope it helps be patient, sometimes great tack deals are just around the corner.

Boone
demonwolfmoon likes this.
Rawhide is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double T saddles? CatrinaB87 Horse Tack Reviews 15 05-26-2013 10:58 PM
double t gaited saddles????? trailwalker Horse Tack Reviews 17 02-10-2013 12:15 AM
Schneider's Double S Saddles? commonfish Horse Tack and Equipment 11 12-27-2012 06:53 PM
Double T saddles precious12 Horse Tack Reviews 3 02-24-2012 08:56 PM
Double J Saddles? FriesianSH Western Riding 3 05-30-2008 11:27 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome