English girth fit

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

English girth fit

This is a discussion on English girth fit within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • How my english saddle should fit
  • Dressage girth fitting

LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
English girth fit

Where should the girth buckle sit on an english saddle? Is this the correct spot for my horse?


Sponsored Links
    03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
That's got Lonsdale girth straps (long) with a dressage girth. With standard girth tabs the buckles would normally sit under the flap.

The buckles need to sit (a) where you can get at them mounted (b) where they don't interfere with your leg/foot/stirrup and (c) where they are most comfortable for the horse eg. Not right on the edge of a pad which might cause a pressure-rub.

There's no 'standard' position, just what's most comfortable for the individual horse and rider.

Cavalrytales Blog

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS or Trade! Large English Girth (Also-WTB Size 48 Girth..) Icyred Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 08-16-2010 06:07 PM
Length of english girth monarchsjoy Horse Tack and Equipment 6 08-08-2010 09:08 PM
INO: Western girth, buy or trade for english girth ExquisiteEquines Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 05-02-2010 09:00 PM
Looking for an english girth NyHorseGal Tack and Equipment Classifieds 7 02-10-2010 06:27 PM
English Girth Erin_And_Jasper Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 03-16-2009 11:18 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0