English Saddle Makers Marks

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

English Saddle Makers Marks

This is a discussion on English Saddle Makers Marks within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
English Saddle Makers Marks

I want to identify the maker of an english jump saddle purchased about 25 years ago at the NEC Horse Of THe Year show.
The flap is identified withan impressed shield containing a stylised 'A' with what looks like an 'M' between the legs of the 'A'.
Terrence Robinson
Sponsored Links
    05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Green Broke
You'd have had a job to buy it at HOYS at the NEC 25 years ago as it didnt move to the NEC untill 2002. Before that it was at Wembley!
    05-24-2012, 10:13 AM
'A' inside a shield sounds like Antill Saddlery to me. The shield will have a scalloped top edge (3 points).

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with Saddle Makers Chele11 Horse Tack and Equipment 19 05-13-2014 01:19 AM
Wade Saddle Makers? gigem88 Horse Tack and Equipment 4 07-19-2011 05:27 PM
What are some top-of-the-line Australian saddle makers? Micheller Horse Tack and Equipment 5 04-29-2011 01:50 AM
Saddle makers.... Chele11 Horse Tack and Equipment 7 03-24-2011 06:36 PM
western saddle makers help please horsey*kisses Horse Tack and Equipment 2 08-29-2008 08:07 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0