English Saddle Pads...

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

English Saddle Pads...

This is a discussion on English Saddle Pads... within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Green Broke
English Saddle Pads...

What type do you prefer and why?
I've seen mostly these two kinds:

This fluffy kind:

And the quilted one:

(Forgive my lack of terminology knowledge... been western my whole life and spent too much time memorizing bloodlines and other not-so-important things)
Sponsored Links
    11-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
I prefer the quilted kind because I think they look classier and they seem to come in a wider array of colors. And my mare is already crazy wide so the extra thickness of the fluffy ones is exactly what I don't need.
    11-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Green Broke
Okay, cause right now, I have a fluffy one and I'm not liking it. And decent looking quilted ones are only, like 25 bucks at my tack shop....
    11-29-2011, 03:11 AM
I like the quilted on I have a couple from lami-cell (i think) that are awesome
    11-29-2011, 03:16 AM
Green Broke
I know what my horse wants for Christmas!!!!!!!
    11-29-2011, 07:00 AM
At my barn, the fluffy ones and the square ones are usually used for different things. Usually unless you're showing you wouldn't use the fluffy one on its own. It would be a square pad and then a fluffy one on top of it for a little extra padding.
    11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
While I mostly use square pads for schooling, count me old school in preferring shaped pads for showing. I like the simple, clean look, personally. Even in dressage. Many square pads are just too big and create a distraction from the horse, IMO. Only when I showed upper levels in dressage would I always use a square pad. It helped in dry cleaning by keeping the tails cleaner. My square show pads are quite small, barely covered by the saddle.

Yup, old school. Well, not THAT old, real old school was no pad, at all.
    11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't like fluffy ones because they add lots of bulk (and interact with the saddle fit). I go with the square pad + Thinline pad on top of it (for shock absorption).
    11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
Yup, old school. Well, not THAT old, real old school was no pad, at all.
Then I'd have to clean my saddle with the soap after every ride. Doesn't matter how well I brush my horses still stay dusty (unless washed).

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
English Gel Saddle Pads czarinaruss Horse Tack and Equipment 8 02-26-2011 11:30 AM
Wtb:english saddle pads Gidget Tack and Equipment Classifieds 14 01-19-2011 07:01 PM
Custom English saddle pads EventinginMI Tack and Equipment Classifieds 5 11-19-2010 08:29 PM
New halters and English saddle pads for sale nascarcats Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 08-17-2009 11:23 PM
3 English Saddle Pads For SALE! WesternKindaGurl48 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 07-28-2009 11:14 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0