Good quality for the price?!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Good quality for the price?!

This is a discussion on Good quality for the price?! within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Dressage saddle under 400 dollars
  • "tack wholesale" forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waresbear

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
  #1
Foal
Question Good quality for the price?!

I found this saddle/tack set online, originally 1000 dollars but marked down to 300 dollars! I think it is a very good find! Any advice would help! :)

Tack Wholesale.com : Quality Horse Tack & Horse Supplies - Image Closeup
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
  #2
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockoDog16    
I found this saddle/tack set online, originally 1000 dollars but marked down to 300 dollars! I think it is a very good find! Any advice would help! :)

Tack Wholesale.com : Quality Horse Tack & Horse Supplies - Image Closeup

Sorry, but click back to product listing to view the info!
     
    03-12-2012, 08:49 PM
  #3
Trained
If the saddle fits your horse, that is a very deal I would say. It's semi quarter horse bars which fits both my horses, I find full bars fit a huskier horse. All the reviews have nothing but good things to say.
RockoDog16 likes this.
     
    03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
  #4
Showing
I see nothing that says what the tree is made of. If the seller is willing to sell for under $300 for a six piece set, something has been cheaped on somewhere and I'll bet it's the saddle. The 2 year limited warranty means nothing except that there are numerous limitations. I'm going to recommend you pass this up. I think you will be quite disappointed. Don't go by the reviews, anyone can write them.
     
    03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
  #5
Foal
Looks can be deceiving & Tack Wholesale is notorious for selling junk and so-called "mark down" just about everything they sell.
Tahoe saddles are low-mid quality and if I'm not mistaken, have fiberglass trees. I've seen one in person and they're really not that well made at all. I would def. Pass.

Here's one for under $400 new:
http://www.horsebasicsetc1.com/tahoe...-dark-oil.html
     
    03-12-2012, 10:53 PM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
I see nothing that says what the tree is made of. If the seller is willing to sell for under $300 for a six piece set, something has been cheaped on somewhere and I'll bet it's the saddle. The 2 year limited warranty means nothing except that there are numerous limitations. I'm going to recommend you pass this up. I think you will be quite disappointed. Don't go by the reviews, anyone can write them.

Well... the retail price was 1000 dollars, and is on sale... so technically its 1000 dollars...!
     
    03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdollarmagic    
Looks can be deceiving & Tack Wholesale is notorious for selling junk and so-called "mark down" just about everything they sell.
Tahoe saddles are low-mid quality and if I'm not mistaken, have fiberglass trees. I've seen one in person and they're really not that well made at all. I would def. Pass.

Here's one for under $400 new:
Tahoe Performance Western Saddle - Dark Oil
I would like a set tho
     
    03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
  #8
Showing
.

A decent Tree costs 150.00, a decent side of leather cost 200.00

Then you have, stirrups, seat leather, padding, fleece, hardware, etc.

Then add labor.......

The key word is decent, change that to quality and that gives you an idea....

These imports are made with inferior trees and water buffalo for leather

Anyone can make up a price and say.... wow 1/3 the price today... just saying


.
     
    03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockoDog16    
well... the retail price was 1000 dollars, and is on sale... so technically its 1000 dollars...!
Thing is, they do this with all their saddles. Nobody wants to see you spend your hard earned/saved money on junk. I would suggest you look for a good quality used saddle you will get years of use out of. You can find an older Circle Y or Billy Cook for $500 and be much happier with it.

Tahoe saddle sets sell elsewhere for $500. A lot less than Tack Wholesale claims they are valued at.
Tahoe Western Saddle Package Set
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does this saddle look cheap, is it good quality? Cookie1616 Horse Tack Reviews 25 04-11-2012 05:05 PM
Is this tack set good quality?! RockoDog16 Horse Tack and Equipment 4 03-12-2012 08:37 PM
Good Quality Custom Tack Sinister Horse Tack Reviews 18 01-01-2012 08:37 PM
New pictures of Johnny, GOOD QUALITY! laurenlovesjohnny Horse Pictures 6 02-03-2010 05:58 PM
Good quality English saddles SonnyWimps Horse Tack and Equipment 19 11-03-2008 08:03 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0