Okay so... just for general cleaning after everything is degunked:
1. Take a damp sponge and go over all of the leather.
2. Take a saddle soap (preferably Murphy's Oil Soap... the gelly kind) and put some on your sponge. Scrub it into all of your leather (you want to see a white foam) and use a toothbrush for cracks and buckle areas. DO NOT get this on rubber as it will make it melt and get gooey in warm areas.
3. Wipe off the excess (gently).
4. Take an oil on a seperate sponge (like Neatsfoot Oil) and rub it into the leather.
5. Let it soak in for a few minutes. Then, take your damp soap sponge and rub it over a bar of glycerine soap (this stuff is amazing
). Massage the soap into your leather and work it with your hands to make sure it is supple. You should see a white foam but no bubbles.
6. Let it sit, wipe off excess, and VOILA!
To get metal buckles and stuff, I use Never Dull. This stuff is awesome! It's like a tin can full of cotton that you pull off. You rub it across your metal until you think you have gotten it clean and there is a thin film. Then wipe the metal with a cloth and it will be shiny! :) Do NOT use on bits.