Help I'm Looking For............. - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Help I'm Looking For.............

This is a discussion on Help I'm Looking For............. within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    Like Tree13Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-04-2011, 10:11 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thyme    
    Alot of the things on your list are kind of over kill.
    A efficient grooming kit really just needs a curry (different kinds), a hard brush, a soft brush, and a hoof pick.
    Halters, and boots etc. Come in different sizes so unless your going to carry this stuff around with you shopping for horses and just by the one that fits into it, you should by them after.
    What are you planning on doing ? Seems like something fancy?
    Do you already have a horse in mind that your shopping for?
    you can save 80 + dollars wrapping those polo wraps on your horses legs then going out and buying shipping boots.
    Not all horses over reach which is what bell boots are for (as far as I understand them)
    Socks make great tail bags.
    I Plan On Doing Western Pleasure, Western Horsemanship, English Pleasure, ENglish Horsemanship, Halter,, Showmanship, Trail Riding, Trail Classes
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thyme    
    Alot of the things on your list are kind of over kill.
    A efficient grooming kit really just needs a curry (different kinds), a hard brush, a soft brush, and a hoof pick.
    Halters, and boots etc. Come in different sizes so unless your going to carry this stuff around with you shopping for horses and just by the one that fits into it, you should by them after.
    What are you planning on doing ? Seems like something fancy?
    Do you already have a horse in mind that your shopping for?
    you can save 80 + dollars wrapping those polo wraps on your horses legs then going out and buying shipping boots.
    Not all horses over reach which is what bell boots are for (as far as I understand them)
    Socks make great tail bags.
    I Don't Have A Horse In Mind Yet But I Have A List Of Specifications That I Am Looking For If That Counts
         
        12-04-2011, 10:14 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    Yea its good to know what you want in a horse, but even if your looking at one particular breed halter size, boot size etc. can vary
         
        12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
      #14
    Started
    I would onlt get the essentials and wait until after you get the horse to get the tack. You're going to be practicing for a while before you show anyways so you'll have plenty of time to find stuff.
         
        12-04-2011, 10:46 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Im Looking For A 16.0 HH Quarter Horse At Least 1500 lbs
         
        12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jumanji321    
    I would onlt get the essentials and wait until after you get the horse to get the tack. You're going to be practicing for a while before you show anyways so you'll have plenty of time to find stuff.
    i am ready to show and have shown before I just need the horse
         
        12-04-2011, 10:49 PM
      #17
    Started
    I didn't say you weren't ready to show, I meant that you will probably need time to get used to this new horse.
         
        12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
      #18
    Started
    The point here that everyone is trying to make is to wait till you get a horse to get most of those things. Blankets, wraps, halters, etc come in different sizes and you'll need to get those after you buy a horse. Some things you don't even need, just start off with the absolute minimum of what you need, and eventually get everything else you'll end up using. You just don't want to buy a ton of things and it not end up fitting or you not ever using it :)
         
        12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
      #19
    Showing
    ^^ I agree. Some stuff you simply can't buy until you get a horse.

    Everyone, please stay on topic (and for some may be it's time to re-read the Etiquette Policy here).

    And just to add... I had brushes, lead rope, and some other stuff that does NOT depend on size/age of the horse BEFORE I got my horse. Although I didn't care for the color much. :)
         
        12-05-2011, 01:44 AM
      #20
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PalominoOwner    
    Im Looking For A 16.0 HH Quarter Horse At Least 1500 lbs
    Any particular colour ?
         

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0