Just Wanted to Ley Y'All Know... - The Horse Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 508
• Horses: 1
Just Wanted to Ley Y'All Know...

Many of you probably remember my various posts about my horses saddle fit (being too low in the front and sitting on his withers). Well, I have found a solution! I got a thing called a "wither relief pad". It is a half pad that has a hole where the withers go. It's about an inch thick, and I just sit it on top of my saddle pad. It works wonders! My horse seems so much happier now!

P.S.- The title is supposed to say "let y'all know." TYPO!!!
AngelWithoutWings54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 325
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWithoutWings54 View Post
Many of you probably remember my various posts about my horses saddle fit (being too low in the front and sitting on his withers). Well, I have found a solution! I got a thing called a "wither relief pad". It is a half pad that has a hole where the withers go. It's about an inch thick, and I just sit it on top of my saddle pad. It works wonders! My horse seems so much happier now!

P.S.- The title is supposed to say "let y'all know." TYPO!!!
Do you have a link to the pad? I am having a similar problem.

-Tiffany(Fifty<3:)
"If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong."
Fifty is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 508
• Horses: 1
Yep, let me find it.

Dover Saddlery | Wither Back Saddle Pad.

Also, when your horse gets wither sores you can put it under the saddle pad so that nothing touches the sore and it works great!
AngelWithoutWings54 is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 325
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWithoutWings54 View Post
Yep, let me find it.

Dover Saddlery | Wither Back Saddle Pad.

Also, when your horse gets wither sores you can put it under the saddle pad so that nothing touches the sore and it works great!

I wonder if that would work under a western saddle pad and saddle :O

-Tiffany(Fifty<3:)
"If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong."
Fifty is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 08-16-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 508
• Horses: 1
hmm... it's worth a shot. You can find them a lot cheaper too, although the quality might not be as good.
AngelWithoutWings54 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,009
• Horses: 1
@Fifty- I read in your other post that you rode in a round skirt saddle anyways, so the english wither release pad may actually be one of the few 'round skirt' models you're able to find! A western version is also made, out of felt (with a wither cut-out), in square and round, but they tend to be pricey-er.
You won't hurt your horse using the english version under your western saddle.

...you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. ... Explore. Dream. Discover.”
–Mark Twain
aspin231 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 325
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspin231 View Post
@Fifty- I read in your other post that you rode in a round skirt saddle anyways, so the english wither release pad may actually be one of the few 'round skirt' models you're able to find! A western version is also made, out of felt (with a wither cut-out), in square and round, but they tend to be pricey-er.
You won't hurt your horse using the english version under your western saddle.

Price really isn't a matter right now, do you have any links to the western one?

-Tiffany(Fifty<3:)
"If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong."
Fifty is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Y'all Won't Even Believe this sandy2u1 Horse Talk 25 04-21-2010 09:39 AM
Y'all really and seriously need to look at this. ilovemyPhillip Other Pets 7 11-30-2009 07:34 PM
Hey y'all from GA GaEquineLover Meet the Community 15 11-23-2009 01:10 PM
Hi y'all! BamaBaby Meet the Community 5 11-25-2008 06:26 PM
Hey y'all! apachegirl5 Meet the Community 4 01-12-2008 07:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome