Measuring the Gullet? HELP!

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Measuring the Gullet? HELP!

This is a discussion on Measuring the Gullet? HELP! within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Measuring the Gullet? HELP!

Is it possible to measure the gullet on an English saddle and determine if it is wide or narrow? I just bought a used English saddle at a local consignment shop and I have no idea whether it is wide or narrow(I bought it anyways because it fit me and I have horses that use wide, and horses that use narrow).
Sponsored Links
    04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you trying to measure the gullet size or the tree size? The gullet is the channel between the panels of the saddle running from front to back. These can be vary in width from the front to the back of the saddle. The tree size is what is usually dictated in Narrow, Medium, Wide, etc. This is measured between the fork points. Generally I believe, Narrow is 28 cm, medium is 30 cm, wide is 31 cm, and extra-wide is 31 cm. Somewhere on the flaps a # like 28, 28, 30 might be stamped, which would dictate the tree width
    04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Cmrtoner- Oh yeah. I was thinking of the tree. :P

Thank ye for the help. I found the number. =] And I am in luck. It is just the size I needed.
    04-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Haha - glad it worked out well

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Easy change gullet system appylover31803 Horse Tack and Equipment 20 10-12-2008 01:45 PM
Easy-Change Gullet Systems rocky pony Horse Tack and Equipment 11 07-26-2008 02:28 PM
WINTEC SADDLES AND GULLET SYSTEM pamment5 Horse Tack and Equipment 7 04-20-2008 05:05 PM
English saddle w/changeable gullet 18 lindab Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 03-01-2008 06:18 PM
17.5 in. Wintec 500 english saddle w/changeable gullet lindak Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 08-20-2007 09:23 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0