Need help finding a pad for OTTB with high narrow withers - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Need help finding a pad for OTTB with high narrow withers

This is a discussion on Need help finding a pad for OTTB with high narrow withers within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-20-2013, 06:29 PM
      #11
    Trained
    If it helps you make the decision about trying the non-high wither model, here's my TB's back.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg fatpuck.jpg (57.3 KB, 38 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-20-2013, 06:30 PM
      #12
    Trained
    Oops, I meant to put this on your thread for Thorowgood saddles. Sorry.
         
        03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Have you considered a wither pad with a traditional cut out to relieve pressure on his withers? I am currently in the same boat with my mare and am looking at purchasing one of these pads, Equine Comfort Half Pad with Wither Relief. This pad is a little expensive but I have seen similar pads for much cheaper ($50.00). Just food for thought :)

    Oh and I absolutely love your horses mane! The colouring is beautiful.
         
        03-25-2013, 09:36 PM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LexusK    
    Have you considered a wither pad with a traditional cut out to relieve pressure on his withers? I am currently in the same boat with my mare and am looking at purchasing one of these pads, Equine Comfort Half Pad with Wither Relief. This pad is a little expensive but I have seen similar pads for much cheaper ($50.00). Just food for thought :)

    Oh and I absolutely love your horses mane! The colouring is beautiful.
    Yeah I've tried all sorts of pads with that saddle and I've come to the conclusion it just isnt going to work for him.

    And thank you! I never used to like greys really but I think he is gorgeous :)
         
        03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KSchingen    
    Yeah I've tried all sorts of pads with that saddle and I've come to the conclusion it just isnt going to work for him.

    And thank you! I never used to like greys really but I think he is gorgeous :)
    Join the club! I was never partial to greys whatsoever until I fell in-love with my gelding :)
         
        03-25-2013, 10:30 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LexusK    
    Join the club! I was never partial to greys whatsoever until I fell in-love with my gelding :)
    Haha funny how that works =) Mine is the sweetest calmest OTTB I have ever met. It's impossible not to love him
         
        03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
      #17
    Yearling
    My TB has higher withers and the only saddles he likes are a wide tree with a half pad to get it off him. Though now he's built enough topline that he doesn't need a half pad. Narrow trees, and even medium trees get the saddle off their withers now but it causes muscle atrophy by not being wide enough and pressing down into where muscle should go
         
        03-28-2013, 07:46 PM
      #18
    Foal
    I measured him with the wintec gullet gauge and it came up medium, I bought him a Passier saddle that should be cut back enough to give him that wither clearance and hopefully it'll be a bit too wide so he'll have some room to muscle out
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Does He Have High Withers or Low Withers? (And wide/narrow backs) HannahC Horse Conformation Critique 7 05-25-2012 09:13 AM
    saddle pad for high withers... Mellow Mel Horse Tack and Equipment 12 12-13-2011 07:02 PM
    saddle for high withers Mellow Mel Horse Tack Reviews 7 12-12-2011 04:26 PM
    High Withers, Narrow horse = Frusturation Fifty Horse Tack and Equipment 29 08-18-2010 12:41 AM
    High withers RoxanneElizabeth Horse Talk 8 01-16-2010 08:14 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0