Neoprene Saddle Pad.
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Neoprene Saddle Pad.

This is a discussion on Neoprene Saddle Pad. within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Is neoprine horse pad good
  • Neoprene horse saddle pad

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-30-2010, 07:47 PM
  #1
Weanling
Lightbulb Neoprene Saddle Pad.

I think I'm going to get a Neoprene saddle pad for my barrel saddle. It will most likely be temporary because I want to get a Classic equine which I don't have enough money for now. I know it won't hurt my horse but I was wondering your opinions on the neoprene. It has vents along the top of the saddle pad along the spine. I know it's a good shock absorber and comfortable for the horse, but I also heard it makes horses sweat...a lot. Experiences and opinions welcome :) P.S: I would be getting it for super cheap and it's brand new.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-30-2010, 08:09 PM
  #2
Foal
I'm not a huge fan of them, personally, but I know a lot of people who absolutely love them. Good luck with it! :)
     
    07-30-2010, 08:12 PM
  #3
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingOvation    
I'm not a huge fan of them, personally, but I know a lot of people who absolutely love them. Good luck with it! :)

Thanks for replying :) I LOVE your signature, it's definitely very true.
     
    07-30-2010, 08:47 PM
  #4
Yearling
Some horses are allergic to neoprene, so you want to make sure yours isn't one of them first. Other then that, I've never dealt with them.
     
    07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdougall    
Some horses are allergic to neoprene, so you want to make sure yours isn't one of them first. Other then that, I've never dealt with them.
Wow, I never knew that. I do know that there is a lot of neoprene tack around the barn though so I don't think my horse is allergic. Thanks though
     
    07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty    
Wow, I never knew that. I do know that there is a lot of neoprene tack around the barn though so I don't think my horse is allergic. Thanks though
Yeah, my friend's stud was allergic to it. It was a pain really because so many horse related items are neoprene.
     
    07-30-2010, 08:57 PM
  #7
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacdougall    
Yeah, my friend's stud was allergic to it. It was a pain really because so many horse related items are neoprene.
Yeah I bet! I want to get him a neoprene cinch too.
     
    07-30-2010, 09:28 PM
  #8
Weanling
Neoprene, depending on what kind you get, can some times become very slippery when the horse gets sweaty. Besure you get one that's textured to help prevent this. Neoprene does tend to wear out and rip easily at stress points.
     
    07-30-2010, 09:33 PM
  #9
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson88    
Neoprene, depending on what kind you get, can some times become very slippery when the horse gets sweaty. Besure you get one that's textured to help prevent this. Neoprene does tend to wear out and rip easily at stress points.
Thanks :) Good thing I will only be using it for a few months.
     
    07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
  #10
Foal
I have used both neoprene cinches and saddle pads...I really do not like the saddle pads. I can deal with the cinch being made out of neoprene, but I switched to a normal saddle pad because it just resulted in too much sweating and slipping.

Most people I know tend to stay away from too much neoprene because of the sweating/slipping issue...but this may end up not being a big problem for your horse, it all depends.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neoprene vs Felt mvinotime Horse Tack and Equipment 17 07-28-2010 04:34 PM
Neoprene Cinch's? BoarderCowgirl12 Horse Tack and Equipment 11 01-08-2010 08:32 PM
Opinions on neoprene? RubaiyateBandit Horse Tack and Equipment 21 12-02-2009 12:23 PM
Neoprene girth vs. regular Velvetgrace Horse Tack and Equipment 5 01-29-2009 12:28 PM
Anyone know about the T-boot or neoprene allergies? Supermane Jumping 2 07-06-2008 11:59 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0