New Roma's or used Eskadron's?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

New Roma's or used Eskadron's?

This is a discussion on New Roma's or used Eskadron's? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • How to clean eskadron open fronts
  • Eskadron vs roma boots

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-22-2011, 04:26 PM
  #1
Weanling
New Roma's or used Eskadron's?

It's about time for some new schooling boots, as mine are like....

So, I can't spend a ton of money, and I noticed the Roma boots. They're a good price, but I worry about that low of a price. Do they last?

I was looking around on eBay, and I can get some lightly used Eskadron boots, for around the same price.

I tend to look at brand names first, and you could probably call me a mild tack snob. I'm just definitely not opposed to buying used things, if they're still in good condition, for a lower price.

What would you say would be the best route?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-22-2011, 04:57 PM
  #2
Showing
Are you talking about splint boots? Do you look for some with fleece?
     
    07-22-2011, 06:39 PM
  #3
Banned
I had roma open front boots, the held up really well. To clean them I would just hose them off. Not a bad investment. Defiantly better than nothing.
I don't recommend getting them in black though after a few weeks they start to fade.
     
    07-22-2011, 09:33 PM
  #4
Yearling
I have white Roma open front boots and they have lasted for awhile. I purchased them used and it's been about a year since I've had them and they're still doing well. It's easy to clean them, just hose them off, and they stand up to daily use.
     
    07-23-2011, 12:06 AM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
Are you talking about splint boots? Do you look for some with fleece?
Yes, splint boots. I should have verified. I like the look of fleece, but I worry about heat. I own a pair of fleece lined galloping boots, but they trapped heat quite a bit, so they retired to the winter equipment. So if you know of some with lightweight, breathable fleece, do tell.
     
    07-23-2011, 12:07 AM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyjocky    
i had roma open front boots, the held up really well. To clean them I would just hose them off. Not a bad investment. Defiantly better than nothing.
I don't recommend getting them in black though after a few weeks they start to fade.
Good to know about the black. I've always bought black, but I figured, if they're just schooling boots I might as well go a little crazy with more bright colors.
     
    07-23-2011, 12:10 AM
  #7
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu    
Yes, splint boots. I should have verified. I like the look of fleece, but I worry about heat. I own a pair of fleece galloping boots, but they trapped heat quite a bit. So if you know of some with lightweight, breathable fleece, do tell.
May I ask why you want to go with fleece? Just because of the look? Not critiquing or disagreeing, just curious.

IMHO fleece is too hot (unfortunately I've never heard about breathable one) and not that easy to keep clean. I myself use Woof brushing boots (really like those velcros and the look).
     
    07-23-2011, 12:25 AM
  #8
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
May I ask why you want to go with fleece? Just because of the look? Not critiquing or disagreeing, just curious.

IMHO fleece is too hot (unfortunately I've never heard about breathable one) and not that easy to keep clean. I myself use Woof brushing boots (really like those velcros and the look).

My gelding has an old scar that portrudes out a little bit on one of his legs, and most neoprene like linings will rub the area that sticks out. Fleece is kinder on it and doesn't rub. But, usually, once the neoprene breaks in and softens out a little bit, it's not as bad, as long as it's not too long of a ride.

I agree about the heat. They do get extremely hot. But, some neoprenes are different. My SMB's rub, but I have a different neoprene lined boot, that doesn't and he's completely fine with them.
     
    07-23-2011, 05:10 PM
  #9
Trained
Try using baby powder with the neoprene boots, that should help. I use Baby Powder with my boots.
     
    07-23-2011, 05:26 PM
  #10
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu    
My gelding has an old scar that portrudes out a little bit on one of his legs, and most neoprene like linings will rub the area that sticks out. Fleece is kinder on it and doesn't rub.
Ooo. I see. Yes, that's a good reason.

If you don't ride for several hours I don't see too big of deal about the heat.

This one looks pretty neat (and not very bulky): Euro Pro Heidi Galloping Horse Boots < Galloping and Cross Country Boots < Horse Boots|Dover Saddlery.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0