Which one do you like best?Show saddles.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Which one do you like best?Show saddles.

This is a discussion on Which one do you like best?Show saddles. within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Harris show tack
  • Harris saddle compared to blue ribbon

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
  #1
Foal
Which one do you like best?Show saddles.

Okay well im in need of a new show saddle and would like to see which one looks best on a black horse
You tell me!
1.2.
3.
Personaly I like 2 but I want to see what other people's opinions :)
The first one is Dale Chavez
The senconed one is Billy Royal
The third one is Circle Y
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
  #2
Showing
Hi,

The 1st one I would not like on any Horse.
2nd One is nice
Third one is nice.

The third ones color Natural/light Oil looks the best on a Black Horse, you should be able to get the 2nd one in a lighter color as they are supposed to be hand made.

I would check the skirt dimensions to make sure they are not too long for your Horse, slightly rounded skirts are more forgiving.
     
    01-18-2009, 09:49 PM
  #3
Weanling
Style wise I like the 3rd one, but I do not like the color! Dark oil or the chocolate color looks the best. (though the circuit you show on probably will vary on the preference of dark or light oil.)
     
    01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleUp158    
Style wise I like the 3rd one, but I do not like the color! Dark oil or the chocolate color looks the best. (though the circuit you show on probably will vary on the preference of dark or light oil.)
Yeah dark oil is more prefered in arabs, morgans, and paso finos
But APHA and AQHA prefer light oil lol
     
    01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA    
Hi,

The 1st one I would not like on any Horse.
2nd One is nice
Third one is nice.

The third ones color Natural/light Oil looks the best on a Black Horse, you should be able to get the 2nd one in a lighter color as they are supposed to be hand made.

I would check the skirt dimensions to make sure they are not too long for your Horse, slightly rounded skirts are more forgiving.
I just like 1 because its differnt and nobody would have it lol
     
    01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
  #6
Weanling
I have owned a Dale Chavez show saddle and it never broke in or got comfortable. The Billy Royal looks alright. I have also owned a Circle Y and will never own another. I prefer Phil Harris or Blue Ribbon saddles. They are much nicer and very comfy. Also check out some used Phil Harris on Blue Ribbons to get a better deal.

This is a Phil Harris.

The website is Welcome to Harris Leather & Silverworks

This is a Blue Ribbon
The website is Blue Ribbon Custom Tack


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleUp158    
Style wise I like the 3rd one, but I do not like the color! Dark oil or the chocolate color looks the best. (though the circuit you show on probably will vary on the preference of dark or light oil.)
Most people showing stock type breeds use light oil saddles.
     
    01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
  #7
Foal
I owned a Billy Royal before and I loved it!

Personally, they are all "over done" with the silver for my liking! LOL

Guess its a good thing I don't show anymore.

Anyways out of the 3, I would take the the Billy Royal
     
    01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB    
I have owned a Dale Chavez show saddle and it never broke in or got comfortable. The Billy Royal looks alright. I have also owned a Circle Y and will never own another. I prefer Phil Harris or Blue Ribbon saddles. They are much nicer and very comfy. Also check out some used Phil Harris on Blue Ribbons to get a better deal.

This is a Phil Harris.

The website is Welcome to Harris Leather & Silverworks

This is a Blue Ribbon
The website is Blue Ribbon Custom Tack




Most people showing stock type breeds use light oil saddles.
I don't really like Phil harris saddles, but Blue Ribbon I do but are co$tly ahaha but comfort doesnt really matter to me becasue its not like im going to be riding in it everyday
     
    01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
  #9
Green Broke
I like the first and second one but I hatee hate hate light oil
     
    01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
  #10
Weanling
I like the Blue Ribbon that lauraB posted the best.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
show jumping show a few weeks ago Babyrowz Horse Pictures 3 01-27-2009 08:19 AM
Saddles kershkova Western Riding 5 12-23-2008 10:32 AM
Saddles FGRanch Western Riding 24 05-30-2008 11:03 AM
Saddles Sissimut-icehestar Horse Tack and Equipment 4 03-12-2008 12:06 PM
saddles that I like Magic Horse Tack and Equipment 6 01-06-2008 11:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0