Open Front Boots - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Open Front Boots

This is a discussion on Open Front Boots within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Boots in hunter classes
  • Leather equitation boot open front

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-03-2009, 09:23 PM
  #11
Yearling
I actually prefer the T-Boots to the Eskadrons.

You absolutely cannot use boots in hunter classes. Eq classes you can wear boots, but they should be leather. Jumper you can use whatever you want.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-03-2009, 09:37 PM
  #12
Foal
Hunter/Jumper is a broad subject there... Hunters you can't use anything. In Equitation you can use leather boots or polo wraps, but don't attempt to polo wrap your horse unless you know what you're doing. For Jumpers you can have whatever you want. I don't know about Eventing, I would assume though that for the cross country and show jumping stages you can use whatever you want and for dressage you need polo wraps, if anything.
     
    01-03-2009, 10:13 PM
  #13
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by megannigan    
Hunter/Jumper is a broad subject there... Hunters you can't use anything. In Equitation you can use leather boots or polo wraps, but don't attempt to polo wrap your horse unless you know what you're doing. For Jumpers you can have whatever you want. I don't know about Eventing, I would assume though that for the cross country and show jumping stages you can use whatever you want and for dressage you need polo wraps, if anything.
Ok eventing- no boots at all in the Dressage ring. And XC the boots need to be closed. I will probably get leather open fronts for stadium. Any sugestions for good leather boots? At a reasonable price? If anything I will use my Woof brushing boots and wrap the blue straps with black duck tape! the wonders of duck tape never cese to amaze me!
     
    01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
  #14
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermane    
I actually prefer the T-Boots to the Eskadrons.

You absolutely cannot use boots in hunter classes. Eq classes you can wear boots, but they should be leather. Jumper you can use whatever you want.
Where would I aquire such boots?
     
    01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
  #15
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyBlues    
Where would I aquire such boots?
You can get them at dover. I really like them because they are really light and easy to clean as well as being comfy and protective. They also are not lined with neoprene, which I like (my horse is allergic).
     
    01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
  #16
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermane    
You can get them at dover. I really like them because they are really light and easy to clean as well as being comfy and protective. They also are not lined with neoprene, which I like (my horse is allergic).
ok! I will look into them!
     
    01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
  #17
Yearling
Oh, here is their website: EquiFit, inc.
     
    01-04-2009, 07:47 PM
  #18
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyBlues    
So you think my royal blue splint boots wont do good? LOL! Haha ok, well thanks for the tip! Didn't know that! I might try to get some leather ones from Bit of Britian or whereever my friend got her stadium boots.
Bit of Britain does have really nice leather open front and ankle boots. They fasten with studs instead of buckles... they can really be a pain on antsy horses. They also come with 2 liners - neoprene and sheepskin.
     
    01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
  #19
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beau    
Bit of Britain does have really nice leather open front and ankle boots. They fasten with studs instead of buckles... they can really be a pain on antsy horses. They also come with 2 liners - neoprene and sheepskin.
Those are the ones MD has! I think I'll get those, cause I already know how to put them on!(Horse trail grooming pays off somehow!)
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
splint boots, open front boots, or no boots? CiscoKidd Horse Tack and Equipment 12 12-29-2008 09:23 AM
BOOTS!! Splint? Open Front?!! HELP! HorsesAreForever Horse Tack and Equipment 12 12-07-2008 06:57 PM
What do you see when you open your front door? Saddlebred girl General Off Topic Discussion 28 08-08-2008 02:30 PM
Open front boots... amightytarzan5 Horse Tack and Equipment 10 07-03-2008 07:53 AM
Leather Open Front Jumping boots, Hind leather ankle boots Painted1 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 9 11-07-2007 11:58 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0