Over girth (surcingle) - The Horse Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central west NSW Australia
Posts: 2
• Horses: 0
Over girth (surcingle)

I have an Australian stock saddle that was given to me when I got my gelding broken, I have not riden for about 20 yrs so I'm green. My problem is that my surcingle or over girth strap has double rings, what and how do I attach a girth strap to this as I would prefer to use this on a stock saddle..
Precious is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern Arizona
Posts: 9,532
• Horses: 4
You will probably need to replace the overgirth with a different one. Here is a place that sells several styles:

Girts and Girthing Systems

You could probably find them in Australia as well. I bought an overgirth once from the website above and it seemed to be good quality.

"Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing...well, ignore it mostly."
bsms is offline  
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2012, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central west NSW Australia
Posts: 2
• Horses: 0
Thanks for your reply, Yes I have checked out this site. I am thinking that I have only part of what they call a tackaberry system, as this is the only kind that uses the double D,
Precious is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
surcingle size jillybean19 Horse Training 6 02-23-2012 07:44 AM
Surcingle? aggiegirl14 Horse Training 5 12-30-2011 04:59 PM
WTS or Trade! Large English Girth (Also-WTB Size 48 Girth..) Icyred Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 08-16-2010 06:07 PM
INO: Western girth, buy or trade for english girth ExquisiteEquines Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 05-02-2010 09:00 PM
Bit and Surcingle for sale Spirithorse Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 10-08-2009 05:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome