The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment


This is a discussion on Reins within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-04-2011, 10:05 PM

    Im thinking of getting a new pair of reins but I wondered out of SADDLECRAFT RUBBER GRIP REINS and COLLEGIATE RUBBER GRIP REINS which are better
    Sponsored Links
        10-05-2011, 08:57 AM
    If you are riding on the flat, then just leather reins. If you are jumping and your horse pulls like a freight train then you may need more grip. Wearing leather gloves when you ride provides that grip. The collegiates are likely better quality than the saddlecraft which I suspect are asian made.
        10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
    I have the collegiate ones and they have held up great. Just make sure you do not get any leather cleaner or oil on the rubber part. It will start to crumble and become unsafe.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Draw reins, side reins, chambon, de gogue...please help Duskylove Horse Tack and Equipment 14 07-06-2012 10:22 PM
    .:. Pads, Reins, Cavesons, Side Reins, Driving Reins, etc .:. mliponoga Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 06-05-2011 07:49 PM
    Split Reins or Closed Reins Creztina Horse Riding 11 10-09-2010 11:20 PM
    Running Reins / Draw Reins. ChingazMyBoy Horse Training 9 04-05-2010 06:29 PM
    Split reins or roping reins ddewey Horse Tack and Equipment 1 11-28-2008 10:09 AM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0