Replacing Billets - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Replacing Billets

This is a discussion on Replacing Billets within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Eaby tandy lether co .com

Like Tree4Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-26-2011, 12:06 AM
  #11
Trained
Go to ebay & look for a "parts" saddle, probably pick that up for a bit more than shipping costs.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-26-2011, 08:43 PM
  #12
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beau    
OP, why are you getting snippy with us when we are just giving you any advice we have since we don't have an exact answer for you?
I was getting "snippy" because I only need one person to tell me something once. Not a bunch coming on and saying the same thing.
     
    11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
  #13
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear    
Go to ebay & look for a "parts" saddle, probably pick that up for a bit more than shipping costs.
Thanks! That's a great idea!
     
    11-26-2011, 08:47 PM
  #14
Trained
Well you did ask "anyone else" so people were giving their opinion, they were just doing as asked
     
    11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
  #15
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
Well you did ask "anyone else" so people were giving their opinion, they were just doing as asked
I totally didn't phrase that right. What I should have said was "does anyone know where to get them?"
     
    11-27-2011, 11:40 PM
  #16
Trained
And now we get to the problem again

I now have 3 choices, Ignore your thread, which always seems rude

Post and say I have no idea where to get them, which doesn't help anyone.

OR

Give the best advice that I can, which will only make you angry, because all I can think of is to get the saddler to do it.

OR I would have to get busy on ebay, google and tandy leather stores which to be honest you could do just as well as me.
     
    11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
  #17
Foal
I would most definitely get a experienced saddler change my billets!!! Good advice from experienced equestrians!!
     
    11-27-2011, 11:47 PM
  #18
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
And now we get to the problem again

I now have 3 choices, Ignore your thread, which always seems rude

Post and say I have no idea where to get them, which doesn't help anyone.

OR

Give the best advice that I can, which will only make you angry, because all I can think of is to get the saddler to do it.

OR I would have to get busy on ebay, google and tandy leather stores which to be honest you could do just as well as me.
Good point I feel so stupid By the way, I found some ReactorPanel Saddle Company :: SHOP BY DISCIPLINE :: Dressage :: Spare Saddle Parts :: Spare Billets
Golden Horse likes this.
     
    11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
  #19
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineNJ    
I would most definitely get a experienced saddler change my billets!!! Good advice from experienced equestrians!!
Problem is, there are none in my area. Not even remotely close. I can't afford to have a saddler do it. My friend is very experienced and makes or repairs anything. She can make her own saddles if she wanted to. She would do it for practically nothing if I had the materials and let her keep the old billets
     
    11-28-2011, 12:34 AM
  #20
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseychick94    

Thanks for posting the link, handy to know
     

Tags
billets, buckles, dressage, replacement, saddle

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dressage saddle with three billets? Mickey4793 Horse Tack and Equipment 15 10-25-2010 01:32 PM
Billets? Horseychick94 Horse Tack and Equipment 5 06-04-2010 10:40 AM
Why Long Billets? devildogtigress Dressage 10 05-27-2010 10:59 AM
Replacing helmet o0hawaiigirl0o Horse Tack and Equipment 4 09-12-2008 11:19 AM
Replacing the old with the new StatedOtherwise Horse Breeds 5 02-11-2008 09:45 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0