Saddle Fit
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Saddle Fit

This is a discussion on Saddle Fit within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • saddle fit
  • What is a dd fitting in a saddle

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
  #1
Weanling
Saddle Fit

I'm starting to think Lookit's saddle might not be fitting him well, or he is in some sort of pain. Who do I have come out to make sure his saddle fits? Is there someone whose occupation is making sure saddles fit? Sorry if I sound stupid, I just don't know! It's hard to come from a family who has no horse experience, I get overwhelmed easily. Thank you!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
  #2
Foal
Great question. I have been looking for a "saddle fitter" in my area to no avail. Our trainer suggested I contact a saddle maker. She says if I trailer my horse and saddle over there he will test the fit for only $25! Noe I search for a saddle maker close by!
     
    12-30-2011, 03:53 PM
  #3
Started
Have a professional saddle fitter come out and check it. You can also take pictures and have us look at it to give you a basic idea if you are having difficulties finding one. Take a picture of the saddle while it's on the horse of both sides, the front of the saddle where it sits on the horse, and the back of the saddle where the panels sit on the horse.
     
    12-30-2011, 03:57 PM
  #4
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeymama    
Great question. I have been looking for a "saddle fitter" in my area to no avail. Our trainer suggested I contact a saddle maker. She says if I trailer my horse and saddle over there he will test the fit for only $25! Noe I search for a saddle maker close by!
For her to know all of that, one would think she would be able to tell you the name and contact information for a specific saddle maker as that is not a generalized sort of statement she made
     
    12-30-2011, 05:43 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacpack    
For her to know all of that, one would think she would be able to tell you the name and contact information for a specific saddle maker as that is not a generalized sort of statement she made
Yes, the saddle maker she suggested is way to far for me. She was giving information for one that she knows unfortunately 100 miles from us :( I would love to have some critique regarding my dd saddle fit. I will post pics and ask tomorrow! Thank you
     
    01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
  #6
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumanji321    
Have a professional saddle fitter come out and check it. You can also take pictures and have us look at it to give you a basic idea if you are having difficulties finding one. Take a picture of the saddle while it's on the horse of both sides, the front of the saddle where it sits on the horse, and the back of the saddle where the panels sit on the horse.
Would I have the saddle pad on him too, or just the saddle?
     
    01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
  #7
Started
I think without.
     
    01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
  #8
Showing
Some areas, it is virtually impossible to find a saddle fitter. I've looked in my area just for grins and giggles and found nothing within about 2 hours of me.

Sometimes, if you just find someone really knowledgeable, like an older trainer that's ridden a few thousand horses, they can tell you if the saddle fits and, if it doesn't, how to help it with pads or steer you toward what kind of saddle might fit.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for saddle recommendations (jumping/event saddle) for high withered TB JennyRae Horse Tack and Equipment 5 09-12-2011 12:56 AM
Pessoa,Paddock boots,breaking saddle,endurance saddle etc for sale/trade!! ImLonelyInCrowds Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 01-25-2011 06:55 PM
Rocking R Cutting Saddle + Close Contact English Saddle FS rileynbob Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 02-01-2010 03:05 PM
FOR SALE: NWT Circle Y western saddle, 18" - this saddle will last you forever. Seattle Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 11-16-2009 01:12 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0