Saddle pad questions....

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Saddle pad questions....

This is a discussion on Saddle pad questions.... within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Saddle pad questions....

I am getting the Wintec Close Contact saddle (I think) and I'm looking for a saddle pad. All I see are All-Purpose Saddle Pads and I don't see any close-contact saddle pads. Can I get an all-purpose? Also, if you know of any CC pads that come in bright blue (not royal) please give me the links!

P.S. Is the Wintec CC good saddle? I don't know, I just heard it's pretty good.
Sponsored Links
    04-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Get this one. They have a light blue. I have this pad and it's really great. Nice and cushy, contoured, and doesn't slip.
    04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I have the same pad! I love it!
    04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Green Broke
You use an all purpose pad with a close contact saddle. Pads come in All Purpose or Dressage (more rectangular, straighter sides).
    04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by upnover
You use an all purpose pad with a close contact saddle. Pads come in All Purpose or dressage (more rectangular, straighter sides).
That'll be for the quilted, square-type pads.

If you go for a contoured, saddle-shaped pad (they're usually fleece or sheepskin), they can come in Dressage, AP, or Close Contact. Often times the Close Contact will have thinner fleece along the flaps and thicker fleece where the panels of your saddle sit. Just takes a little bulk out from between your leg and your horse.

You'll be good with Close Contact or AP Pads for your Wintec.

Also, try for colored horse tack. They also sell items on eBay, so you may be able to get them cheaper.
    04-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Green Broke
Originally Posted by Equina
That'll be for the quilted, square-type pads.

YES!! Sorry, I just assumed you were talking about the square pads! But Equina is correct about the contour pads. The close contact fleece pads are also shaped a little different then the AP. Much better fit!
    04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys! I didn't know if I wanted a square type or a contoured type. I guess i'll look for both and get the one that's cheaper! (i have a very limited cash flow!) lol

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0