Schleese and CWD saddle ?
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Schleese and CWD saddle ?

This is a discussion on Schleese and CWD saddle ? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Leathers cwd
  • Models cwd saddles

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-09-2011, 11:20 AM
  #1
Foal
Schleese and CWD saddle ?

I was just looking around and found Schleese saddle and CWD saddle.
First time I saw these brands and I haven' heard much from anyone about them so I was wondering if any of you guys have tried, own a Schleese or CWD saddle and what do you think about them?

I saw Schleese are Canadian right? And they have the adjustable gullet system?
The CWD are french ? But they don't have as much models.

They both look like really good brand saddles ?

Thanks
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-09-2011, 02:15 PM
  #2
Started
Dont know much about schleese other than anyone I know that has one loves it. As for cwd I LOVE their tack. I have a few of their bridles and their leather is like butter... just amazing. I'd love one of their saddles but I can't afford it lol.
     
    04-09-2011, 03:15 PM
  #3
Weanling
I've ridden in a Schleese and LOVED it, but friends tried the same one and hated it. My suggestion would be to try one out first. If you're going to drop that much cash on a saddle it better be one you love :) Even if you can't try the exact one that you end up buying, maybe you could find a local seller and go sit on one, even if it's just on a saddle rack. With Schleese, from what others have told me, you'll know right away if you hate it.
     
    04-09-2011, 05:18 PM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky    
dont know much about schleese other than anyone I know that has one loves it. As for cwd I LOVE their tack. I have a few of their bridles and their leather is like butter... just amazing. I'd love one of their saddles but I can't afford it lol.
how much were the bridles? They don't have prices on their website
     
    04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets    
I've ridden in a Schleese and LOVED it, but friends tried the same one and hated it. My suggestion would be to try one out first. If you're going to drop that much cash on a saddle it better be one you love :) Even if you can't try the exact one that you end up buying, maybe you could find a local seller and go sit on one, even if it's just on a saddle rack. With Schleese, from what others have told me, you'll know right away if you hate it.
yeah I figure I wold have to sit in one before I buy, but they are hard to find, have not seen any tack shop with either one of the brands.

How is the gullet system change on the schleese?
     
    04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
  #6
Started
$400 - $600 USD. My friend owns a tack shop so I got them for under retail fortunately and the quality of leather is amazing imo!
     
    04-09-2011, 06:59 PM
  #7
Started
Both are lovely, well made saddles - great leather (totally agree with cj's "like butter" description) and well put together. Idk about how adjustable the CWDs are but the Schleeses are spectacular for adjusting to fit your horse.

Like others have said, see if you can find one to try out or at least sit in to see what you think. If you've found a well priced used one, count yourself lucky. ;)
     
    04-09-2011, 07:41 PM
  #8
Green Broke
I've never sat in a schleese but a friend (who owns a tack shop) told me that she thought they were overrated. I can't remember exactly what she said about them though! I think comfort level and perhaps quality as well wasn't superb.

There are very few people who don't like CWDs! They are very comfortable and excellent quality.
     
    04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
  #9
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
I've never sat in a schleese but a friend (who owns a tack shop) told me that she thought they were overrated. I can't remember exactly what she said about them though! I think comfort level and perhaps quality as well wasn't superb.

There are very few people who don't like CWDs! They are very comfortable and excellent quality.
haha - I can't say that I could ever justify spending the ~$3k for either a schleese or cwd but if I had to choose which brand is more worth the cost, i'd say the cwd is. The schleeses are nice for sure, but they're also certainly (imo) overpriced.
     
    04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
  #10
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by dally    
yeah I figure I wold have to sit in one before I buy, but they are hard to find, have not seen any tack shop with either one of the brands.

How is the gullet system change on the schleese?
I'm pretty sure you use a screw on the underside toward the pommel to widen or tighten the gullet, but not positive. They do have people to send out to fit the saddle to your horse, and teach you how to change it.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schleese Saddles BarnBum Horse Tack and Equipment 6 02-27-2011 10:31 AM
Schleese Wave Dressage Saddle ~*~anebel~*~ Tack and Equipment Classifieds 5 02-05-2011 10:29 AM
17.5" Schleese Dressage Saddle (Tom Dvorak) horses4sport Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 05-28-2009 11:55 AM
Schleese saddles? Skyhuntress Horse Tack and Equipment 2 09-11-2008 08:27 PM
Schleese saddles - opinions? JayDee1608 Horse Tack and Equipment 3 08-29-2007 05:53 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0