Split reins or roping reins

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Split reins or roping reins

This is a discussion on Split reins or roping reins within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • How to join split reins
  • Roping reins vs split reins

LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Split reins or roping reins

Which reins do you use for western riding split or roping? Do you join the splits reins if so how?
Sponsored Links
    11-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Split reins are the traditional type used for normal or show riding although certain disciplines use a single rein. Barrel racing, roping, pole bending, etc would use the single rein.

I don't attach my splits but many come with a keeper that you can slide on to join them.

Don't worry about what is traditional unless you are showing. Ride with what makes you comfortable - anything that works.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Draw reins, side reins, chambon, de gogue...please help Duskylove Horse Tack and Equipment 14 07-06-2012 10:22 PM
Without Reins?? Jubilee Rose Jumping 13 02-09-2009 01:14 AM
Reins: Single vs. Split HooverH Horse Tack and Equipment 9 07-30-2008 10:34 AM
Reins? Help... BluMagic Horse Training 10 06-07-2008 11:19 AM
Reins AKPaintLover Horse Tack and Equipment 5 01-29-2008 03:14 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0