We bought a horse and the seller won't let us keep his bridle and maringale...normal?
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

We bought a horse and the seller won't let us keep his bridle and maringale...normal?

This is a discussion on We bought a horse and the seller won't let us keep his bridle and maringale...normal? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Horseforum.com bridle assembly

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
  #1
Foal
We bought a horse and the seller won't let us keep his bridle and maringale...normal?

My mom tried her best but they wouldn't hand it over. So off we go to the tack shop with no idea what kind of bridle to buy. I thought it was a little odd. I've had to borrow people's bridles and martingales for the past two rides and have a feeling I'm getting on their nerves, lol. We can't really buy one yet since we don't know what to look for and bridles are so complicated. All I know is that he needs a running martingale and that's about it, so I'm a bit confused
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
  #2
Green Broke
I have bought several horses in my lifetime, none of them came with any tack other than a halter.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
  #3
Weanling
Unless specified by the owner that they were selling you the bridle and martingale with the horse, then no, you aren't entitled to it.

And seriously, bridles aren't that complicated.... They come nearly fully assembled at a tack shop - you just need to add the bit.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:18 PM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali    
Unless specified by the owner that they were selling you the bridle and martingale with the horse, then no, you aren't entitled to it.

And seriously, bridles aren't that complicated.... They come nearly fully assembled at a tack shop - you just need to add the bit.
I just meant finding the right bridle not putting it all together. His bridle looks way differen't from the ones that my trainer used for the lesson horses.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:19 PM
  #5
Banned
No horse I have ever bought or sold came with anything other than a clean halter.
Certainly no bridle or martingale was included.

I agree with Hali, buying a new bridle and martingale is not rocket science. Ask your friend if the tack you use is horse size (or cob, etc). Go to the store and buy what you need.

Why is this so complicated?

Buying appropriate tack is part of owning a horse.

Edit to add because the OP posted while I was posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan S    
I just meant finding the right bridle not putting it all together. The one my new horse uses is differen't from the ones that my trainer used for the lesson horses.
What is special about it? Is the bit just different? Ask your friend whose tack you use to go to the tack store with you.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:20 PM
  #6
mls
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan S    
My mom tried her best but they wouldn't hand it over. So off we go to the tack shop with no idea what kind of bridle to buy. I thought it was a little odd. I've had to borrow people's bridles and martingales for the past two rides and have a feeling I'm getting on their nerves, lol. We can't really buy one yet since we don't know what to look for and bridles are so complicated. All I know is that he needs a running martingale and that's about it, so I'm a bit confused
Not odd at all.

I am sure they are getting annoyed. Bridles are not at all complicated. Ask the seller to e-mail you a photo and then head to the tack shop = pronto.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
  #7
Weanling
Yeah, they aren't that complicated, at least I don't think so. Just go to your tack shop with a picture of the bridle and ask someone to help you find one like it. I haven't had to buy a new bridle, our horse that we got a few weeks ago cam with allher tack. Saddle, bridle, bits, blanket, so that was nice!
     
    07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
  #8
Foal
this is my first horse so I tend to make things twice as complicated as they really are. Sorry haha
     
    07-07-2010, 01:53 PM
  #9
Banned
Calm down. Take a deep breath.

You obviously have friends you ride with (that let you use their tack). Ask them what tack store to go to and simply go buy what you need.

Enjoy the fun of buying horse stuff.
     
    07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
  #10
Showing
Can you post a pic of the bridle and why it's complicated? Does it have a flash noseband, or a pelham bit? Is it just the style of the bridle?

None of my horses have ever come with tack, and I've bought quite a few horses over the years, as well as helped friends find the right horse.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst horse seller excuse you've heard equiniphile Horse Talk 119 10-12-2012 04:52 AM
Alflafa hay... Seller needing opinions j4646335 Farm Forum 2 05-05-2010 09:08 PM
Seller that won't let you ride a horse? Colorado Dobes Horses for Sale 9 06-08-2009 01:14 PM
help- normal for young horse? sherie Horse Training 6 02-12-2009 10:33 AM
I just bought a horse ! kershkova Horses for Sale 1 08-13-2008 09:48 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0