western saddle parts?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

western saddle parts?

This is a discussion on western saddle parts? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • Cowboy bedroll
  • Western saddle strings

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smrobs

LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
western saddle parts?

I was looking about online as I wanted to draw a horse in western saddle and I saw this saddle had a black strap and I wonder what is it for?
Sponsored Links
    06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
That's for a back cinch.
Posted via Mobile Device
    06-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
That is the rear billet. You attach a second cinch to it. It's called a "rear cinch" or a "flank cinch". The cinch is not shown in that photo.
    06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Which black strap are you talking about, the one circled in blue or the one circled in green?

The one circled in blue are called saddle strings, they are designed to tie things to the back of your saddle, like saddlebags or a bedroll.

The one circled in green is the billet for the back cinch

Golden Horse likes this.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having a Ball, Parts I & II bubba13 Horse Videos 6 06-18-2011 12:39 PM
WTB: Used Western, Endurance or Aussie saddle. Vintage western saddle preferred silverdollarmagic Tack and Equipment Classifieds 3 03-27-2011 11:33 PM
How to clean brass parts, plates, etc on saddle? tpup Horse Grooming 6 03-24-2011 01:19 AM
Saddle Parts question and Measuring Chele11 Horse Tack and Equipment 13 01-20-2011 12:59 PM
Where do I find these parts??!! brookesloveofbaker Horse Tack and Equipment 1 10-03-2010 09:54 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0