Western saddle sizing?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

Western saddle sizing?

This is a discussion on Western saddle sizing? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • How do you measure a saddle size
  • Sizing western saddle

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-17-2011, 11:03 AM
  #1
Green Broke
Western saddle sizing?

(How do you measure a western saddle for it's size? I can pretty accurately eyeball the size of an english saddle, completely clueless for western.

FYI, I'm selling an almost brand new Abetta (only used once or twice). No idea what size it is though.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
  #2
Green Broke
Here 'ya go.

Measure A Western Saddle Seat
     
    01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
  #3
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
(How do you measure a western saddle for it's size? I can pretty accurately eyeball the size of an english saddle, completely clueless for western.

FYI, I'm selling an almost brand new Abetta (only used once or twice). No idea what size it is though.
How much are you selling it for? And what size tree does it have and what seat size, when you measure
Also pics would be great
     
    01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
  #4
Green Broke
Thank you trailhorserider!!

Rachel- I have no idea on pricing... I may check out ebay/tacktrader and see what they're going for.

I will be sure to post pics/sizes soon! (I also am selling several English Wintecs...)
     
    01-18-2011, 04:03 AM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
thank you trailhorserider!!

Rachel- I have no idea on pricing... I may check out ebay/tacktrader and see what they're going for.

I will be sure to post pics/sizes soon! (I also am selling several English Wintecs...)
If it doesn't fit Rachel, I'll stand next in line!
     
    01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
  #6
Showing
Many measure from the base of the horn straight across to the inside edge of the cantle. Some cantles are so heavily padded that the meas is 1/2" smaller than the tree. I've listed a saddle as "16" seat padded to 15,1/2".
     
    01-20-2011, 12:31 AM
  #7
Green Broke
Well I read the article and took my little tape measure out to the barn, measured very carefully.... only to find out that it has a "16" stamped on it. :) Which thankfully is what I measured!

Sooo... it's for sale. I took some pics but it's bedtime so I"ll post under the "tack for sale". Unless you want to just make me an offer and save me the trouble.
     
    01-20-2011, 12:38 AM
  #8
Weanling
What size is the tree?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    01-20-2011, 01:13 AM
  #9
Green Broke
I measured it was 7 in wide, but I'm not sure I did it correctly. Is that wide? I took a pic. I"ll post it tomorrow.
     
    01-20-2011, 02:40 AM
  #10
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnover    
I measured it was 7 in wide, but I'm not sure I did it correctly. Is that wide? I took a pic. I"ll post it tomorrow.

Depends on where you measured it. Can you take a photo looking dead at the saddle from the front of it?

I measured one today that was FQHB at 11" !
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help with western saddle purchase/sizing Romantic Lyric Horse Tack and Equipment 12 01-22-2011 07:28 PM
Western Headstalls, Saddle with tack, and Saddle Shims Pro Tack and Equipment Classifieds 15 09-08-2010 12:29 AM
Western Saddle sizing! SarahRicoh Horse Tack and Equipment 2 08-08-2010 12:14 PM
FOR SALE: NWT Circle Y western saddle, 18" - this saddle will last you forever. Seattle Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 11-16-2009 01:12 AM
Western saddle seat sizing? dynamite. Horse Tack and Equipment 6 06-25-2009 04:17 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0