What kind of bit is this?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What kind of bit is this?

This is a discussion on What kind of bit is this? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
    What kind of bit is this?

    I have been searching for the name of this bit for quite a while. It has no makers mark anywhere on it. It was purchased in Germany many, many years ago. (So I was told) I got the kimberwick part, just would love to know what the mouth piece is.
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg 101_0002.jpg (45.4 KB, 72 views)
    Sponsored Links
        03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
    It looks like a half moon snaffle.
        03-08-2013, 06:38 PM
    It's a half moon Kimberwick and it's not technically a snaffle, it's a leverage bit.
        03-14-2013, 01:06 AM
    Thanks guys, now all I need to do is search for one!

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:


    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What kind of bug is this? AndersonEquestrian Horse Health 14 10-04-2012 10:30 PM
    What kind of Dog? ARTEMISBLOSSOM Trail Riding 49 09-03-2012 10:48 PM
    what kind of bit do you use? Gidget Barrel Racing 28 03-25-2012 01:35 AM
    What kind of names your kids have or what kind of names you'd love to give them? TaMMa89 General Off Topic Discussion 48 02-13-2012 09:43 PM
    What kind of bit is this? SidMit Horse Tack and Equipment 20 12-16-2010 11:33 AM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 PM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0