What is this thing? (Bit) - Page 3

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What is this thing? (Bit)

This is a discussion on What is this thing? (Bit) within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-29-2010, 10:53 AM
    Originally Posted by tinyliny    
    The bit in the photo is nothing more than double jointed Tom Thumb. It works exactly the same, with neither less nor more of the "confusing signals" that was mentioned earlier and is attributed to TT's. I don't care for TT, but that one looks ok, I guess.
    What makes a tom thumb(western only here) a tom thumb is the short straight shanks and the single joint. When used to ride a well trained (neckrein broke) western horse it works fine and dandy. I don't care for them either personally but some horses go great in them.

    The bit under discussion is NOT a Western TT bit.. Argue all you want but it's not. It has a 3 piece mouth, thus making it milder than a single jointed mouth.

    This is a western TT.

    This is an english TT

    I totally do not understand or agree with marketing bits with names that do not fit them. Snaffle bits are marketed with shanks, yet they are not a snaffle bit. No wonder people are so confused. *sorry, that is my rant on companies who should know better. Myler being one, Reinsman being another.

    Have a good day all. :)
    Sponsored Links

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    First Thing sparky Games 6415 03-19-2014 09:24 AM
    Are we doing the right thing??? elkiebean Horse Health 5 07-20-2009 04:41 PM
    The best thing ever!! Gingerrrrr Horse Talk 10 10-16-2008 10:41 AM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0