What is this western bit called???

       The Horse Forum > Horse Tack > Horse Tack and Equipment

What is this western bit called???

This is a discussion on What is this western bit called??? within the Horse Tack and Equipment forums, part of the Horse Tack category
  • What are western bits called
  • What is tack equipment called with a c on a horse

LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Exclamation What is this western bit called???

I have what I assume is a western bit b/c of all the silver, but I don't know what it's called. LOL I bought it b/c it was pretty.

If you know what it is, let me know! I'll try to remember to check back here, but feel free to PM or email me too (jedimarajade2@yahoo.com)
Sponsored Links
    04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
No clue.
Kinda looks like a kimberwick that's been westernized. It is pretty.
    04-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Slow twist D-ring snaffle, maybe?
    04-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
I have never seen anything like that. I suppose the rein attachese to the lower ring, and then the two slots are two posiitons for a curb chain?
    04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
I wonder if it's some sort of gag, with the two big holes?
    04-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Transition Bit

I would agree with the previously mentioned opinion that the bars represent a slow twist snaffle, but it is not a true D-ring. The rings on the top and bottom of the D's give it a very short shank and purchase to begin introducing curb preassure to a colt. It is a "transition" bit, for transitioning a colt from a O-ring or D-ring snaffle to a bit that uses curb preassure. I hope this helps, it is going to be nearly immpossible to identfy the maker or brand name unless someone out there has one of thier own and knows it.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are these called and where can I get them? :D SorrelHorse Horse Tack and Equipment 4 09-21-2011 01:47 PM
What is this bit called? misskingraven Horse Tack and Equipment 22 09-02-2011 12:48 AM
What is this called? Sophie19 Horse Training 9 10-08-2009 07:37 PM
What is this called? Emma7442 Horse Tack and Equipment 2 09-30-2008 01:55 PM
a horse called Red, a relationship called love... ADozenRoses&Red Horse Stories and Poems 0 07-15-2007 03:21 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0